Any theories why sudden growth in WTS?

by Mr Bean 34 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

There've been a number of new strategies to improve their numbers, some of which Lisa mentioned.

Remember, Increase in numbers = Blessing of Jehover.

So it only makes sense that they want to bolster their numbers a bit.

• blondie
    blondie

The year 2001 counts from September 2001 to August 2002. It is too soon to see the dropoff. 2003 will be more evident unless the fear of war in Iraq keeps it there.

So the real answer is fear.

The evidence of increase is not at the KHs. Meeting attendance is down still as the COs drive that point home at the assemblies and during their visits. It is impossible to find a study article or meeting part that does not hammer that home.

People give the appearance of going out in the ministry but these hours are empty or ineffective, even nonexistent.

Remember that the WTS is an organization where APPEARANCE NOT SUBSTANCE is most important.

Blondie

• Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoo

Hi all,

I look forward to the statistics every year, and I'm glad to see that their numbers keep decreesing in Denmark...

Take care!

Mr. Magoo

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Any theories? Yep, I have a theory, but it's just that, a theory. Time will tell.

I recall the years of decrease following the 1975 fiasco. After around eight years, the numbers started to pick up again and we then saw some years of large growth. What had happened? Well, there is always the new ones coming in "the front door". After 1975 there were many who left "out of the back door" and they were more in number than those coming in the front door. The result? Years of decrease. Eventually the numbers leaving subsided and overall increases followed. Of course, it bears pointing out that with the passage of time, all manner of "sins" is forgotten or fades in the memory. That's what I see happened then, and also in recent years following the "generation" teaching change.

In my view, the only difference this time is the greater access to information via the internet. Will this forestall any changearound in Borg fortunes? I fear not, but here's hoping!

Cheers, Ozzie

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Where do YOU see sudden growth? I see none of it.

I don't either. Whenever driving by the Hall I never see the parking lot full. Funny thing is, right next to the Hall is a new church who's attendence on Sunday's dwarfs the Kingdom Hall's.

• minimus
    minimus

Look inside the Halls. 20 yrs. ago, you'd see the place packed. Nobody generally missed a meeting. If you did, you were hounded and questioned. Now, it's the norm not to be there. If the elders had to call everyone that regularly missed, they'd never be able to do anything else. See if the people that were steadfast 20 yrs. ago are still kickin'. Half are irregular. The other half are mixed with overzealous or apathetic ones...........Regarding these numbers, why do you people truly believe THEIR spin on the numbers? What's wrong with you???

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

The other reason elders can't call on the non-attenders and "encourage" them is because they are just as guilty of poor meeting attendance as everyone else. For several months, I decided to take a look around the half-empty hall during the school-service meetings and tally up how many elders were missing. Usually there were 50% of the elders present, hardly ever did we have all elders present. My attendance at the book study was also much higher than any of the servants assigned to our group.

• ISP
  • starfish422
    starfish422

Minimus,

Look inside the Halls. 20 yrs. ago, you'd see the place packed. Nobody generally missed a meeting. If you did, you were hounded and questioned. Now, it's the norm not to be there. If the elders had to call everyone that regularly missed, they'd never be able to do anything else. See if the people that were steadfast 20 yrs. ago are still kickin'. Half are irregular.

Is this true?? I haven't been to a meeting since June, 1993, (except for my nightmares, but that's a topic for another thread) so you'll forgive me for being a bit out of the loop. Is attendance suffering? Are so many really irregular?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I have to agree with Elsewhere. Many ethnic groups are not aware of the scandals of the wTS, not to mention child abuse and UN involvement. If some are, they are told by the elders that it's all apostates' consipiracies. And they believe them.

And remember how they percentize the growth? If there were 2 jws and they got one new jw, then it's 50% increase even though this one jw might be an already-baptized one who recently relocated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit