Any theories why sudden growth in WTS?

by Mr Bean 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Forgiven One
    Forgiven One

Well I'm new here so bear with me. But I think I have the answer to your question.

Chronolgy. Plain and simple. Armegeddon came in "75" . We are all suffering our eternal torment. (NOT!)

And the form of torture perscribed was growing numbers, ( I would personally rather have Hell Fire.)

in their ranks. So what they did see is count all the people that were ever jw's, even though they died.

Because as I stated earlier the end came in "75" and they were all brought back to life. Of course they now realize that it was a publishers paradise. Jehovah gave them many too pervert, uh I mean subvert, uh I mean convert.

Man it feels good to vent the years of frustration.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    There will have to be meeting conviened to see if you qualify for this loving arrangement from the GB

We're only talking about a 1-3% increase in growth growth rate. In a 100 member congregation that only means 1-3 people have to qualify. You don't think there are that many elderly/infirm in the average cong? Multiply that across every cong and Bingo! Instant 3% growth!

• minimus
    minimus

Why on earth should we believe their data? Where do YOU see sudden growth? I see none of it. The WBTS lies all the time.

• Forgiven One
    Forgiven One

My last theory had too many holes in it. So here is a new one.

The WTBS will need to do an audit of cong service reports to verify though.

GHOST PUBLISHERS !

Elders make them up to keep CO and DO off their back.

• gumby
    gumby

9/11 makes an impact.

Old news,........

Nuclear war seems like the agenda that is becoming a hit and how the end MUST BE NEAR. At least that's what I would be thinking if I were still a Witness. I don't know that this has been a topic in any articles or not though.

Kind makes me wonder too if someones out there......they need to get on the stick.

Gumby

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

What growth?

I think the majority of individuals getting baptised are young ones bought up in the troof and who are now of age. I also think people are leaving just as quickly, either by an official DF or DA announcement, or just a gradual fade out to inactivity. The WT's claims of growth should be tested...because I doubt that their claims are accurate. I wonder if inactive/fade away individuals are counted in their stats.

~Beck~

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    What growth?

Get with the programme, people! Or at least get hold of the January 1 Watchtower... There are growth figures for "average number of publishers" in many western countries which are far outside the norm for the last several years. Eg. Australia +2%; USA +3%; Norway +2%; New Zealand +1%. Considering that these hace returned either negative or zero growth for several years running, I smell a 15-minutes-a-month rat!

• Mac
    Mac

Say what you will........ I, for one, am convinced it was merely a clever use of mirrors!!!!

mac

• mustang
    mustang

"Eg. Australia +2%; USA +3%; Norway +2%; New Zealand +1%. Considering that these hace returned either negative or zero growth for several years running, I smell a 15-minutes-a-month rat!"

Yep; the "15-minutes-a-month rat" with a generous dose of prodding from all the Book Study Conductors or the Secretary, over the phone, if necessary.

And if those "mirrors" don't work, they'll use Mac's mirrors.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 15 January 2003 2:31:31

• Roddy
    Roddy

9/11 may have brought fence sitting fearers of Armaggedon into the fold. But as Armaggedon delays and that fear wanes, the WTS should experience a fall in the numbers in a year or two.

Also remember the new numbers manipulation in eased field service requirements in order to keep the ever growing elderly population of JWs in the regular ranks. And to keep the aux and reg pioneers pioneering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit