Any theories why sudden growth in WTS?

by Mr Bean 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

Lately is observed some small growth in WTS troops. Any idea what is causing it?

I've heard that an age of baptized new members has dropped and 9/11 makes an impact.

Any further ideas or perhaps a link to source of info?

TIA

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Falsified records? Who could ever prove those numbers were faked?

Stan

• LDH
    LDH

1. Statement made from the platform such as a recent thread mentioned, "Parents, your minor children will not get through Armegeddon on your coat tails."

2. The new 15 minutes, you're a publisher! rule. No one in their right mind would risk being counseled for not even putting in 15 minutes into the holy service! It's easier to falsify a report. There is no integrity.

Lisa

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

A sucker is born every minute!

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

Why did you post that white crazy woman here!?

It scared a living shit out of me!!!

Never do it again Tom....

I'll rather prefer some cool Armaggeddon pics from Crooklyn.

Bwahahahahahaha...

• heathen
    heathen

I think LDH got it right though . I was the one that posted about the children not getting in the new system on their parents coat tails . They may have decided to baptize people not just children at an earlier time as well . The apostates and heathens around here may have inadvertantly convinced them that they better strike while the iron is hot so as not to lose book sudies. All speculation though . They probly figure that people will look on the net eventually and find out the history of the org is not a bed of roses .

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I personally subscribe to the "15 minute publisher" theory. I think what we have seen is a one off spectacular growth figure. Next year's figures will tell the truth when the figures from the western world again show negative growth. I've got a hunch we've just seen our last yearly growth figures. If the last published stats show good figures, then perhaps the R&F can be tricked into believing the trend is up, at least for a few years...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The 15 time has to be approved by the Service Committee and is reserved for the elderly and infirmed.

There will have to be meeting conviened to see if you qualify for this loving arrangement from the GB

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I attribute most of their growth to the new growth into poorer countries.

These people are less educated and have access to less information... and therefore are not aware of the dangers of the JWs.

Unfortunately they will have to learn the hard way the same way our countries did... by experiencing the JWs first hand.

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Because you'll die a fiery death at Armageddon.

Remember this gem?

(evil laugh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit