Door to door work really being done?

by freedom96 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Field service is all that you say it is, a grotesquely inefficient waste oftime. It's degenerated into a ``feel-good" exercise for dubbies who seek to assuage the relentless guilt piled on them at the meetings to ``do more, more, MORE, and every hour spent is for them an advance installment payment on their idlyllic New World homestead.

If these dubbies worked for their secular bosses like they work for Jehovah, it wouldn't take long for them to get shown the door. And what about the tons of unplaced, unread magazines that must get thrown out worldwide?

• Dia
    Dia

Okay, okay, okay....I've long suspected this to be the case.

HOWEVER, if this is so, WHERE is the Watchtower getting their money from???

Is it all about squeezing the little JWs so badly with guilt from every end until they finally just turn in their OWN money to the WTS to cover for what they feel they SHOULD have done???

Or is it the guilt-induced elders who are coughing it up to match what they think all the other elders are doing?

There's a lot of money floating around the WTS.

WHERE'S IT COMING FROM??????

• worf
    worf

My mother who is still a witness in South Carolina tells me that no listens to them or takes the literature and it is a big waste.

I grew up in the borg and just left 3 years ago. In my area in Jamaica Queens NYC, I have seen them going door to door only once in 12 months. And I saw them in my immediate neighborhood for the first time in 2 1/2 years about 1 month ago.

Yes its true. Nobody goes out in that worthless ministry except when they need 15 minutes or so to put on the time slip. HAH!

Worf (Who has sent many informational letters about the borg to people and churches in the NYC area in order to help 'shag' the borgs worthless ministry) HAH!

• larc
    larc

Over the past 18 years, I spent part of my time in Ohio and part of it in Michigan. In Ohio, I had my first visit in 18 years just a few months ago. In Michigan, I had four visits in those 18 years, so I guess they are four times as active in Michigan. By the way, most of the time my wife was in Ohio when I was gone and she never got a call. When I was in, we worked the entire territory at least twice a year. In Ohio, I used to see them downtown on the weekends doing magazine work. I have not seen them in several years now.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

worf: glad to here you are doing a bang up job in queens.. i'm in the bronx and drive a truck here daily since they never come to my house, i stop them in the streets up here and work them over at every chance... just today i found two sisters freezing in the cold i stopped and gave them 11 cents for the 3 wt's to pay for the printing and distrabution. they didn't get it..lol i left them my phone # then we talked about 1975 and the creators promise for the generation of 1914. then i asked if they were waiting to become WHITE after the big A as rutherford said...etc... they turned and ran into Cortona Park... do you think they will call.... john

• Mary
    Mary

Most Witnesses don't go from door-to-door anymore, they go from car-to-coffee-shop!! Go into to any Tim Horton's or Krispy Kreme's at about 11:10am on a Saturday morning and you'll see tablefull of them............nuthin' like counting time while wolfing down a donut!!

• TR
    TR

Things MUST be changing as far as the door to door work goes. When I was a hovah, there were hard core hovahs that went out every day, and on weekends it was a big to do. Now, I rarely see hovahs out in service. I drive a lot every day in the 'hoods, and just don't see hovahs out in service. I've had one visit in 1 1/2 years.

Many times I'll be working on an obviously VACANT house and there will be a hovah tract stuck in the door. In my honest opinion, there is less "zeal" for the work, especially when one sees tracts purposely left at vacant houses.

I wonder why "God's People"(tm) are slacking off?

TR

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

For the better part of 6 years I lived outside my home cong's territory. The cong who's territory I lived in didn't know me from Adam. Never in that 6 years did they come to my door. And I was home on Saturday mornings, being the slacker dub that i was.

They did send me a real generic letter with a tract once.

• found
    found

Darkhorse, what are you talking about? Kids have always gone out in service. I know I was taken door to door my whole childhood and when took my first two kids with me when I was still a JW, everyone did.

Having just moved from a public neighborhood a couple of months ago and living there for one year, we were visited by a JW and her two kids. They left a Watchtower, I never told her my background (raised a JW and now DF'd). Still chicken I guess!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Is this the case in countries that don't have the "donation arrangement"? I can see the chance to get your monthly payment for the mags refunded by going door to door as an incentive that just doesn't exist under the new double-dip donation arrangement.

Seeing kids in tow is no new development - JWs have always been taking their kids door to door afaik...

Edited by - Stephanus on 14 January 2003 23:56:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit