Door to door work really being done?

by freedom96 37 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Obviously the witnesses are going door to door, but is it as effective as could be?

In all my years as an adult, only once has any witness come to the door preaching "the good news." This is once in over 15 years. Only once ever has a magazine or tract been left at the house when I was not at home.

A not-at-home was supposed to be worked until the householder is found. Doesn't seem like it. Are those going out in service really slacking at their work?

I almost never see them going door to door, and never have in my area. What are they doing?

When I used to go out, we covered the area fully. Everyone got called on. No exceptions. Was that just my hall, my area, or has the work been done less and less?

• Aztec
    Aztec

I've lived here for 7 months and I haven't seen even one. I could use the company.

~Aztec

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If the post office or UPS delivered at the same rate as a JW, I would just now be getting mail from ten years ago :P

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I don't think they do much door to door work anymore.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Weird but I hadn't really thought about it much. I can say that I've lived in several areas since I've left the B'org in the past 2 and a half years and I only twice saw the witnesses out door to door and both times was in the neighborhood where I lived the longest. The weird part is the first time was the first week I moved into my apartment and the last time was the day I moved out. I did work 5 days a week, maybe they worked the territory and I wasn't home during the week but I was home most every weekend.

Katie (feeling so very rejected........)

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Hmmmm. I figured that they knew who NOT to call on and that's why I don't get knocked up (so to speak). The only two times they've come to my door it was spanish ladies looking for other spanish speaking families in the area (no habla akey!). As for seeing jw's out on the streets, I've only seen that maybe 4 or 5 times in about 9 years! And they never did look all that enthused either.

• kelpie
    kelpie

i have been in my house 11 months and not one visit

• minimus
    minimus

The door-to-door ministry is the biggest sham going! Almost nobody becomes a JW because of this type of witnessing. It is the most ineffective form of proselytyzing imaginable. This house-to-house work is done simply for show. It is the way that JW's put themselves on the map. Since nobody listens at the door and since most are home-but-hiding, the only result that is accomplished is JW's AGGRAVATE the neighborhood. Those that do go out from HTH, are usually riding around to count and waste time or purposely go to homes that have no one at them. Elders go and hang around the corners to pump, I mean render loving counsel to the flock. They usually are the first to go for coffee. Those are the leaders of this life-saving work....What a joke!

• Gig
    Gig

I've actually NEVER had a JW knock on my door. I asked my family and they've had only a few that they ever remember. Maybe door to door is like the annointed, they're trickling off and soon will be none. Oh, happy day.

Ever since I "educated" myself on the WTS I've actually prepared for a visit, hoping to ask just the right questions and offer a little new light. But if I had my choice, they'd cease and desist all by themselves...the truth never changes and belief has nothing to do with it.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I asked my dub that is calling on me about the ministry. This guy knows his Bible, hes pretty good on the scriptures so hes no ordinary dumbo on the doors, and hes likeable too. Anyway, he said there is very little response. Most people just arent interested at all. Its largely just 'going thru the motions".That would be enough to discourage anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit