Door to door work really being done?

by freedom96 37 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Darkhorse said:

Guess they are getting more desperate if they are using kids for bait.

When I was a dubbie, we were expected to take our kids out in service as often as possible. It was for the children's edification, not to soften up the householder.

And we commended those who started them as young as possible I took my son out in an infant carrier strapped to my chest when he was only a few weeks old. Some born-and-bred dubs used to brag about "going out in service before they were born."

GentlyFeral

• Dia
    Dia

Just asking again. Where is their money coming from?

Do they have a minimum $ quota you're supposed to shoot for and do you think most of it just comes out of the pockets of the individual dubs?

Arent' dubs supposed to buy a certain number of magazines/books every month? Then it's up to them to figure out how to get the cash back?

Honestly, I just don't remember (I was too young).

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

When Tink and I moved north of Nashville, we hadn't got any calls at our door by JW's. I mentioned that to my Father and within two weeks we had two sisters at our door. Tink let them return one time only, and asked them to put our house number down as a "do NOT call"...LOL No one since!! I did however see a group of them in a donut shop, were I stopped to get a coffee and a donut. There were about 10 of them there. I was new to the area so they did not know me and I them, so I just got my goodies and left. My guess is that if you miss seeing the Dub's door-to-door you'll see plenty of them at the donut/convenience store.

CC

• Dia
    Dia

Is there any reason why a dub can't just fill out the field service slip and really do nothing - never go out in field service?

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I moved away from the city 5 years ago and thought I'd forever be rid of pesty JWs coming to my door. I was wrong. Thanks to my brother, without my knowledge, he gave the elders my new home address which eventually made its way to the congregation which covers our territory. So now I get shepherding calls every few months. That really ticks me off that my privacy was intruded upon. When they come I usually end up hiding or not answering the door. And I keep my garage door closed ALL the time.

What I find interesting is they always come to just my house. I have never seen them going door to door to any other houses on our street or in the neighborhood. Looks like they have that false hope that I will become a good little Dub again. I don't THINK so!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Interesting thread. I was talking with Big Tex about this a couple of weeks ago, because it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Witness groups out on a Saturday in a long time. Not just in our neighborhood, but ANYWHERE. I remember that two congregations ago it was mentioned that our territory was growing so fast we couldn't keep up with it, but I really think it's just that there are fewer Witnesses. I don't care what their carefully orchestrated stats say, there aren't as many around as there used to be. Remember we used to hear about territories worked EVERY WEEK because there were so many Witnesses? Haven't heard that in a long time.

Nina

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know about not seeing groups out, but as for being knocked on, most of us qualify as automatic do-not-calls. I've had one "special" call by elders in the last 9 years.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

In three and a half years of living in Dublin I've seen Mormons, born-again Christians, Scientologists, Hare Krishnas, Catholics and Raelians all preaching their own versions of the "good news" but no JWs. Not a Watchtower, not a tract, not a badly-fitting polyester suit, nada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit