Sister attendants not able to give directions to a brother..Misogyny

by Theburstbubble 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Im at a loss as to why this is a topic of any note to people who were in the org more than 5 min. This is aprox 4,000 years old.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

What do you mean by giving directions? Like, "Sister, please tell me where the restroom is"?

This is an odd turn of events. We finally have men asking for directions and now we can't answer. ;) j/k

NY44MM is right though. We don't have a built-in pointer. Thankfully, there's an app for that.

Seriously though, _Morpheus, IIRC, the restriction only applied to directing, as in giving instructions or guidance to.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

You can not give a man directions to a phone box if you are a JW woman.

Now...What would Angus do?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

NY44M - the sisters wearing a t-shirt that shows a map of the convention grounds would solve that problem.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Sparrowdown you always crack me up, but you are especially funny today.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We all known that secretly the reason why woman are not allowed to give directions is that all womam are in some form or way cross eyed. It has absolutely nothing to do with headship in respect for men.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You're welcome Miss Lisa.

You always make me think, so thank YOU.

• steve2
    steve2

Patriarchy is one side of the coin, the other is misogyny.

With tiny exceptions, organized religions don't really like women that much - yet females make up well over 50% of religious adherents, and in the case of JWs, almost two-thirds of their total number.

Quite why any self-respecting woman would want to submit to this kind of structure beats me. Reform is up there with tooth fairies and Santa Claus.

It is insulting to women that the weirdest book in the Bible, Revelation, even saddles womanhood with negativity in its crazy symbolism. It declares, "Get out of her, my people".

Given the heavy male dominance within organized religion, you'd think Revelation would say, "Get out of him, my people". But that would be weirder still, given "God" is pronouned with "He".

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I know many sisters that aren't Attendants that have no problems in giving plenty of direction to brothers. What's wrong with this picture?
  • never a jw
    never a jw

The way things are going, 50 years from now you are going to have two male elders and 90 female publishers. Then, female attendants will have no problem giving instructions, because the entire audience will be female anyways.

2007 ratio of women to men was 6 to 4

in 2014 the ratio was 6.5 to 3.5. Big drop in just seven years (according to Pew research)

I just made some numbers, based on the Pew numbers and the JWFacts publisher statistics, and the net increase between 2007 and 2014 has been about a million women and about a meager 100K men. The problems of this medieval times religion are becoming more obvious.

I am going to have to ask my son to take a count of my wife's congregation to see if the Pew's numbers are represented there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit