Praying In Restaurants

by Englishman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    many times I find myself dozing off during the prayer. Isn't that just awful?

Not really, considering some of the prayers really drag on. "And also, thank you Jehovah for butterflies and alligators, for it is you who has created these beautiful creatures for us to marvel at and get eaten by"

• Odrade
    Odrade

heehee, when I first got hard contact lenses back in the early 80s, one of the only good things about it was I no longer had to close my eyes during those long, long prayers. Before that I remember how you practically HAD to hold onto the seat in front of you or you'd fall down. You know, your knees would lock, you'd start to kind of sway, and since your eyes were closed your sense of balance would be a little off. Then you'd have to move your feet so you wouldn't fall down.

Anyways, what that has to do with my contacts, at the first couple of meetings, I kept my eyes closed of course. (My mom would always check, and if she caught us with our eyes open, we'd get a beating when we got home, or at least a big ol' lecture if we were lucky.) So the long, long, long prayer, and then afterward I'd open my eyes, and they'd be all dry and my contacts would pop out. So, my folks, not wanting anything to happen to that $300 pair of hard contact lenses, had a talk and decided it would be okay if I kept my eyes open and blinked a little so my eyes wouldn't dry out. So for the last twenty some years I've never closed my eyes for prayer. Haha. That was not the question. Do I pray in restaurants? Nope, well except for when I was working in restaurants and I'd be serving a huge party, sometimes I'd pray for them to leave me a 20% tip. I think unbuttoning the second button was more effective than the prayer though. LOL! I wonder who the restaurant god is anyways?

Man, this whole story would make a never have been JW do a huge "say what????"

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit