Praying In Restaurants

by Englishman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I used to drop my head and pretend to pray when there were others around.

When my family was all together for a meal my oldest sister used to make us hold hands and pray together...I hated that...

If you are going to pray, to me it is a private personal thing between you and whoever you are praying to...

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do pray before each meal no matter where I am- it is not for show- I say thank you to others OUT LOUD for anything they give me-so why should I not say thank you out loud or in silence ( under my breath) to the ONE I believes allows me to have all these things.So many dont have what I have.I am truly blessed - I dont care if folks are embarrased( sp) by it. that is their hang up-I am free now to worship how I want- & speaking to my creator is MY choice.Remember what I said I have a personal relationship with My Lord......I am not ashamed of HIM & He promised me HE wont be ashamed of me I tend to believe HIM ( Hey! that stone hit me!!! cut it out!)

• surferdude
    surferdude

even today i get slack because i don't as a rule pray directly before i eat. a time to pray is not specified in the scriptures. we do know that jesus prayed over the memorial feast and items,but that was a totally different senario. so i definately don't pray in public, i have plenty of time to do it in private

sd

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

What I want to know is if those same JWs pray over their BEERS before getting loaded.

• JH
    JH

Lovedubs,

Whenever being constipated, I pray and say thankyou to God after a shit.

• meadow77
    meadow77

All I want to say is Amen to mouthy. I think that I just follow you around in threads and say Amen. I'm never gonna reach Jedi like that!

• mouthy
    mouthy

>>>>>Opening the window to let my head out AGAIN!!!! Thankyou Meadow!! what a nice thing to say. But beware !! Following me around could be hazardous to your health.......Why? wel I was a JW for over 20 years. Then I went into the Coonites( Two by twos) then I got on this line >>>>& some of the time I get praises But some of the time a few just chuck not stones ROCKS!!!

But I love em anyway--- I will come back & haunt those couple not long from now- (((HUGS Meadow 77))))))

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never prayed in restaurants. Even if I was with a group of other dubs.

However, the real question is.... Did you pray in the cafeteria at the assemblies? I always found it comical to see all these people with their heads bowed either praying silently or aloud. Talk about peer pressure.

This peer pressure did not affect me and I ate my burrito as soon as I sat down.

BTW check it out 100 posts!!!!!!

• Banshee
    Banshee

My hon and I are neither of us religious people now. However, we both do believe in a Higher Power that we choose to call God. We pray together before eating in restaurants....however, it is done as quietly and unobtrusively as possible since we do not wish to make a spectacle of ourselves in public nor do we want to offend those out there who may be atheist or agnostic.

I personally hate it when I see people out in public praying loudly or taking forever about it in order to draw attention to themselves. IMO, these people are demonstrating a self-centered, proud attitude rather than gratitude to God or love/consideration for their "neighbor".

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    used say it in my head at top speed.

<-------meeeee tooooo.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit