Nice Old Dears Tried to "Witness" to me Today

by cofty 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I love these stories!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Boy I bet you are the kind of person AMIII wakes up in a sweat about in the middle of the night cofty!!!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Good Cofty.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

the GB are only humans and they make mistakes

Yeah, you can say the same thing about the Pope and all the Bishops in the Catholic Church.

Message to all JWs everywhere: Get the fuckin' clue! You're in a man-made religion just like all the others. Maybe better than some, but definitely worse than most.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I told him that we are living in the greatest time in all of human history. He literally laughed out loud. Then Mary did too.

The average JW is an ignorant fool

So I asked him to tell me which decade in all of history he would prefer to be born in. He was stuck so he changed the subject. I asked the question again. Repeat cycle 4 times. He admitted he has no idea about history.

The average JW is an ignorant fool

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... the situation was as bad in every country where there was no mandatory reporting ...

Fact Check: As Justice McLellan schooled the WTBTS reps, several states in Australia DID have mandatory reporting laws in place during the last 65 years, and STILL not one of those 1,006 known abusers were reported to the secular authorities. Not one.

The scope of this failure to do what is right is epic beyond description.

As one journalist covering the case reported--and I'm paraphrasing--the WTBTS has the worst record of dealing with pedophiles among their ranks of any religion.

I believe she described their approach to victims of sexual abuse as "medieval."

• Magnum
    Magnum

breakfast of champions: I love these stories!

Me, too!

cofty: wasn't long before they were telling me about how awful the world is "Nowadays" and paradise yadda yadda. Big mistake!

They just assume that they have the light and everybody else is clueless and in darkness. I actually sort of appreciate their efforts. They probably really care and want to help. It's just irritating because they're the ones who are clueless. They're so ignorant and gullible and blind and that irritates the snot out of me.

They evidently had good intentions, but so do a lot of people in the religions they condemn. If they can knock on doors and try to destroy the beliefs of others, then I think they are fair game for us to do the same to them. And actually, aren't we really trying to help them, too?

Mary never stopped chattering for a single moment for a full 30 mins

That sure brings back memories. I know the kind. They live in a world of blissful ignorance.

I told him that we are living in the greatest time in all of human history. He literally laughed out loud. Then Mary did too.

That is supremely irritating.

So I asked him to tell me which decade in all of history he would prefer to be born in.

I did that to two elder friends while I was still in. They both grinned and got the point.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Well done Cofty.

The ARC gives us all something factual, indisputable and clearly non-apostate to refer JW's to.

I love this line of questioning..

I told them about the official figure of 1006 cases of child abuse that were on file at the branch office and asked ...
    "How many of these do you think were reported to the police?"
    Ray - " I don't know the answer to that"
    Me - "Fair enough, how many do you hope were reported to the authorities?"
    Ray and Mary - "All of them we would hope".
    Me - "According to the Australian branch office the actual number of the 1006 child abuse cases that were reported to the authorities was ... (pause) .... ZERO!"
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Super stuff Cofty.

Looks like the bloke is more likely to leave the cult than his missus. If he dare defy her.

Well done on defending the real truth. I saw all the usual tedious JW reasonings....if I dare use the word 'reasoning'.

I tend to find I just can't find the energy to discuss things with JWs, so well done that man.

Oubliette.....let's review; it's a cult?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting experience cofty,

I often talk to JWs when I am out and about. I feel there are some very genuine loving people trapped in the cult. On one particular Sunday I spoke to two sets of JWs at their trollies. One set was completely obtuse, arrogant and rude, the other brother was caring, kind and listened attentively.

Well done for still trying to help JWs get out. If we all do our bit we will wake up many to this cult

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit