Nice Old Dears Tried to "Witness" to me Today

by cofty 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM
    Boy they sure pikced the wrong person to try to witness to or maybe they jkkust got lucky and you have burst their bublle - anyhow good job cofty.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ cofty...

I'm surprised they were even willing to talk at all once they found out you were an XJW. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't run screaming.

Then again, you didn't act like the stereotypical "mentally diseased" demon-possessed raving apostate.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well done, Cofty.

I don't think I'd have the patience or self-control to engage with JWs at length.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

JW's have their school or training for over coming objections in the door

to door work,we have a school(here) to counter their objection that leave them speechless.

Just once I would love to here how to over come Apostates lies instead of running

away like a child with hands over your ears and yelling, it's a lie, la-la-la I can't

here you.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Cofty,

Your approach is in my opinion what others here should imitate. The hostile interactions of other former board members BOTR, Dologist, ect.. with JWs has very little impact, but if anything reinforces the JW mindset.

Good Job

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

Cofty - you probably got them at the best time - holidaying and relaxed - a window that will probably seal shut for the remainder of their years. The only thing you left out was the money grab. Haha. I'm only commenting so I can reinforce the line of questioning at a later date. You're awesome.

Honestly though, I was so sure you met my grandmother Margaret who never shuts up. Got so animated trying to insert herself over the conversation that she slid off the couch like an egg in a pan! Promptly resumed position and never faltered in the sentence.

• scoobydont
    scoobydont
    Something here for me to learn. Thanks for sharing this brilliant experience !
  • Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Fab work Mate I will be targeting my JW dad next week with my younger brother in support. I have not seen or spoken to my dad in over 7 years. Time to act now and tell him how pissed off we are he got involved with this cult back in 1969 and ruined our lives. He may not live much longer and if he leaves the house to the Botchtower I will burn it down.

HHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit