Military Service Anyone?

by email 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Even though I wasn't a JW, I didn't really want to go in either, especially with a real live shootin' war going on. However, dear old Uncle Sam had other thoughts and sent me a very nice "greetings" in early '69. Not wanting to be drafted and sent to the infantry or Vietnam, I went down and enlisted and requested training in Aircraft Maintenance, expecting to be sent off to Germany. No such luck. I was put in with the Scout Helicopters and shipped off the Vietnam where I ended up doing two tours.

Afterwards, I was sent on the Germany and reenlisted there for another 6 years. Eight years, one month and four days after being inducted, I finally got out, having become disillusioned with military life and the current leaders of the government gutting the military services. I ETS'd and got on out.

Looking back, though, I don't regret it at all and can say that I did stand up for what I believed in. If I had it all to do over again, I would probably do the same.

Lew W

• troucul
    troucul

Done, and done.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I will be going into the Air Force reserve as soon as I drop down to their required weight. Had I not beed a witness I would have gone at 18.11

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My Grandaughter just got married Sat.and her new hubby (He is in the Marines) was shipped out this week !.

They knew it was coming but not so fast!. They had one night together!...He was stationed in Calif and he flew here to get married. Now he's gone....She is so sad!

Snoozy.........

Edited to change Navy to Marines!...

Edited by - Golden Girl on 10 January 2003 22:52:23

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I've been giving it some thought.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've met several JW's in the military, most did the fade out thing, some didn't. Some claim the JW title though they were never baptised.

As I serve in the military now, you can imagine my answer to your question.

• Realist
    Realist
    Are you willing to give your life for your country

only a fool falls for that nonsense.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am scared spitless

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

Your country gives you life at least you could return the favor.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

a) my parents gave me life

b) noone gives voluntarily to the state. everybody is working for his own interests. especially the representatives of the different countries.

hence i don't owe anything to any country....i owe to selected people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit