The local hall just got fleeced for $15,000!

by My Name is of No Consequence 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Oh please Sir......can we please have our wallets raped some more Sir......Please Sir?"

"Whats all this there then? You want MORE rape of your wallets?"

"Oh yes please! May we have some mooooore?"

"Well alight then! Turn round, bend over, and assume the position for a right good buggering!!"

"Yeaaaaaaah! And a right good spiritual rodgering it is!!!!"

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    The last few years I attended meetings, whenever a vote involving money was coming up, by some "coincidence" I always went out to the restroom. I think I managed to miss all the votes! (I was too much a coward to abstain.)
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    So after the road project is completed, the kingdom hall will have limited funds to purchase new shrubs and other landscaping items to replace the items that will be taken as part of the project. Good luck begging HQ for some of that money back. They should have held on to the entire sum at least until the project is completed.
  • steve2
    steve2

So after the road project is completed, the kingdom hall will have limited funds to purchase new shrubs and other landscaping items to replace the items that will be taken as part of the project.

Oh ye of little faith. Fret not! We will soon be in the new system. Trust in Jehovah. Do not run ahead of His earthly organization. Next.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I recall in the 70's there was one brother that would put up with a bit of resistance to these "democratic" votes to sending money to the mother organization. Looking back he had a valid argument, that the congregation should hang on to some of the money as a rainy day fund. I recall one elder making some comment that he was not a very good brother, how he didn't have faith and should be relying on Jehober. I am sure glad I am out of that cult.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Pretty soon the Borg will be after them for the other $5,000.

You know it will only be a matter of time they will be guilted into sending them the rest.

• skin
    skin
    Why even have resolution's? You know by the way the Elder reads out the
    resolution as to which way you are expected to vote. Then they do the count, all those that raised there hands for "yes", all those that raised there hands for "no". Almost every time it will be 100% vs 0% result. You don't want to be seen going against the resolution trend and thus being judged by all those that saw you raise your hand against the congregation trend. Could he be one of those counterfeit brothers in the congregation that we have been warned about...?
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The brother reading the resolution didn't even bother to ask if anyone opposed. It wouldn't have mattered anyway since everyone raised their hands in favor.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how many ice cream cones the washtowel will let the children in that congregation have now that they have the money. After all, the children did not vote in favor of throwing away this money--yet they will still be out their ice cream cone money as well as this.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Toes up you remembered me!

Precisely one of my gripes, "We have $7,000 left over from our assembly, let's send it to "mother"

Cha Ching!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit