The local hall just got fleeced for $15,000!

by My Name is of No Consequence 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The local hall recently sold some property to the state for a road improvement project that is sorely needed. They received about $20,000. Guess what? A resolution was read last week that will send $15,000 of it to world headquarters. I couldn’t believe it! Almost everyone in attendance raised their hands in agreement. I just sat there in complete disgust.

Oh well, it’s not my money.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Cha-ching! Everyone raised their hands because NO ONE thinks. 100% drones!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Multi-level marketing at it fineness, yes pyramid scam.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

For the 3 years leading up to my leaving, I voted no to almost every resolution, which lead to a Gestapo style interrogation by 2 elders. I stuck my gound, my reason for saying no every time was that fact that these resolutions were pounced on the congregation, and nobody was given any real time to think about these things and ask serious questions.

I did talk with some of the congregation about my stand, and almost every person said they were afraid of the elders if they voted no.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    By promoting the hive mentality, they are not called the Borg for nothing!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

In all the years I was a dubbie I cannot recall one incident were a person voted against a resolution. It was always unanimous.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Undue influence at work. If that is not mind control, I don't know what is.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

LIke the sheep in Orwell's "Animal Farm" they bleat agreement to anything that the ruling "pigs" propose. Loyalty and obedience are paramount. Of course they send them their money... it is what "Mother" decrees, so it must be right.

I heard a public talk not too long back where he said " If The Society say 'jump', we just ask 'how high?'"

Never a truer word spoken.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Everyone raised their hands because NO ONE thinks. 100% drones!

And the few that are thinking (as we all were/are), are too fearful to dissent. Not saying that is bad. Many of us just don't give a sh^t and personally, I figure, it ain't my money. (Hasn't been any of my money in their til for a long time.)

Doc

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Pretty soon the Borg will be after them for the other $5,000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit