Geoffrey Jackson's Golden Apple watch INVESTIGATED

by C0ntr013r 112 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Well the coin that sophia had was a gift from her parents.....she shoulda used it to buy her ice cream. The gb jokers use the old "its a gift" excuse. Whats an airline ticket both ways to and from brooklyn and austrailia???? oh yeah...gift tickets😲
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I have an Apple Watch, the stainless steel one. I could afford to buy it as I work hard for my money. But I admit to being a bit embarrassed wearing at first. Still have a bit off the JW "showy display of one's means of life" mentality.

if he does have one and he chose to wear it at the RC then that's quite brazen, right?

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    Well, no matter who has the watch I think it would be next to crazy to have such an expensive watch... I guess it has been given to him.
  • Listener
    Listener

Passwordprotected I am wondering how useful you find it? The screen looks too small to be of a great benefit versus the cost.

A lot of younger ones aren't interested in watches these days, they uses their mobiles instead.

As the cost comes down with more companies making the product it will likely become more popoular and it does have its benefits.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Rutherford in his day always had top of the range cars to be transported in and claimed they were all gifts.

TV evangelisers all seem to be extremely rich and live in mansions and travel in private jets.

Teaching modesty in all things seems to be a mantra they quote but as a "do as I say not as I do" one. Hardly Christ like or leading by example.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

If the watch(es) were gifts from admiring dubs maybe this fact may give pause for thought. In the UK any and every gift to a member of Parliament is required to be registered and is open to public scrutiny. Why? Because there otherwise is room for corruption. Would not the much vaunted organisation, the only one with a hot line to God do well to have similar open and honest policies?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    That $15,000 Gold Apple Watch could have easily been paid for using all of Haiti's worldwide work contribution money from 2014. What a fine witness and a fitting example of how to "Imitate Jesus!" ...
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have to admit that I thought this thread was a little silly and "over the top picky"...

BUT, then after thinking it through, I remember that we were often told that even if something is NOT WRONG in itself to buy or own, IF it could stumble another brother or sister then we should forego our personal wishes and rights in favour of not stumbling others...

SO bro GB, by shamelessly wearing an outlandishly expensive item, you have shown little regard for others who might be stumbled!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Maybe the GB get a lot of gifts from rich JWs. But why showing off such thing as expensive watches in videos/TV? And at the commission hearing...

Maybe it will become the Golden Apple Watchtower?! :P

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    I have to admit that I thought this thread was a little silly and "over the top picky"...

It was just meant to establish what kind of watch it was, and I guess if the GB wants to buy these kinds of things that is up to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit