Do You Think You'll See Your Dead Loved Ones Again

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Minimus,

Yes, its like blackmail.

Once while I was talking to my uncle, I was showing proof of the society being false and he turned away, almost as if he didnt even want to hear me. He then said to me, "All I know is, I WILL see my parents again!" and walked away.

This teaching is totally being used to manipulate the witnesses. They teach witnesses that without the WTS, they will not inheret Jehovahs kingdom and will not see their dead loved ones again.

On the other hand, many witnesses are worshipping "Jehovah" not because of their love for him, but for purely selfish reasons. Some witnesses could care less how many hours they have to put in, they just really want to live in a paradise and have a perfect life.

Mille,

Thanks for sharing, I feel a little less odd now.

I have have heard of these experiences before but never believed it until it began happening to me. Some would say its a coincidence. I have no idea what to call it really, but I do know it happens.

I know someone whos mother usually kept money hidden somewhere private until Christmas and then used it to buy gifts for her family. I guess she always kept her hiding place a secret from everyone and changed it every year. She passed away and her family hadnt even thought about it until one night this man dreamed of his mother. In the dream she asked him to take the money out of her sewing basket and use it to buy gifts for the children. He woke up, went into into the storage closet and began searching though her things that noone from the family had taken. It took him awhile but he finally found her sewing basket, opened it up and found hundreds of dollars hidden inside.

You just never know, ya know?

• target
    target

Heaven:

There are so many people having these experiences that I don't think it is odd anymore.

My sister said that she found a letter on her dresser that was written to her by our mother 45 years ago. She has no idea where it came from. No one else was home at the time.

Millie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heaven & Millie:
    Add another supporter to your list. I've had many experiences like this, too, from childhood onwards.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Some of the above sentiments are lovely.

I, too, see my dead loved ones and dream about them. I also dream that I can fly but that doesn't mean that I really can. Don't get me wrong, I do believe life after death is a possibility but I do not believe that dreaming about something makes it true. Although, I did dream several months before it happened of my great aunts death. But she was still alive and I believe that her subconscious was reaching out to me to prepare me.

Anyhow, who knows what the future holds....I am certainly grateful to be alive now, reading your comments and pondering the possibilities.

Robyn

• Solace
    Solace

Believe me,

I am still not sure what to believe at this point. To be honest with you, I have always been the type of person to need physical proof.

I guess I have learned to keep an open mind since leaving the society. The experiences arent unpleasant so I do not believe them to be demonic.

I am still slighty skeptical, but I do know that I will never say never again.

Little toe,

It is interesting if anything, ya know?

Its almost like, you would have to actually experience it to believe it, or understand.

Edited by - heaven on 9 January 2003 16:50:5

• Shakita
    Shakita

I have lost some very important people in my life recently. I would love to see them again. Will I spend the rest of my life working toward this prize? NO! Seems to me, the prize shouldn't have conditions attached to it. Yes, I look forward to seeing my dead loved ones again, but please, not until I am dead, OK?

Mrs. Shakita

• thewiz
    thewiz

yes. i believe it.

seriuosly, i have mentioned this before. if we can "replicate" human beings in the various media we have now (records, tape, CD, DVD, holographic storage devices that store info in the ?terraflops? and ad infinitum) and at the pace of tecnilogical progression we, HUMANS, will be able to "resurrect" people. if we can do it, or some day do it, then for God it is a breeze. i guess of course, you've got to believe in God. if not, then, i guess you are shit-outta-luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit