Do You Think You'll See Your Dead Loved Ones Again

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Mazza
    Mazza

Well I don't get to see 99% them while they are alive so maybe when they are dead I'll get a chance.
    I will look into their coffin - unless I pop my cloggs first of course!

I don't believe in life after death but......... have they fully explained ghosts? Most ghost stories sound
    phony, but some sound very weird. I also had an experience recently that made me wonder if
    there is something more going on than meets the eye. But like all weird experiences, it could be explained
    by coicidence. But it was a very, very weird coicidence !

Marilyn

• Xena
    Xena

No You don't realize the finality of death until you lose someone you love and know that you will never talk to them again, never hear their laughter again, never share another moment with them again...it is a difficult concept to embrace.

Edited by - Xena on 6 January 2003 23:2:42

• Farkel
    Farkel

heaven,

: I have no control over the existance of heaven and hell so I refuse to dwell.

You put that brilliantly.

Farkel

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I don't know what to think about this subject anymore. But I would so Love to see one particular person again, a person that just didn't deserve to die, a person, that I would have gladly taken their place.

If you are up there or wherever and you do see this.

I love you still and always.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Don't know, but I'll cross that bridge when I die. If life after death is possible, there are a few people i'd like to come back and haunt.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((((((Xena)))))))) It was hard for me, too, when I left, to lose that belief of being with dead loved ones again. I would like to hope that we would be able to.

My son died really believing that he would be resurrected in paradise. But, how can you believe the jw way when they lied about so much? How can you believe that God is going to give us life again? If you look at the Bible, he seems to like to kill off people like they are nothing.

I just don't know. It hurts to think about it. I wish I could be brainwashed again, you know? Be in La-La land. But the Wizard of Oz is a fake and the yellow brick road leads to nowhere.

Dorothy

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((Windchaser)))

Awwwww. . .I'm so sorry to hear that you have a son who died.

It was tough for me to think I would not see my grandma or mom again, after I left the jws. Then I realized that I wanted to stop thinking like a jw. I thought outside the "jw box" after that, came to the conclusion that I will still see my loved ones again, even if I did not have the answer as to the "HOW" of it . . . at this moment.

I don't need to know all the answers NOW. Later is okay, too!

Love,

ESTEE

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I think there is more to our existence than we realize. I'm inclined to think there is a "life" after death, but not as we know life to be. I believe there is a lot more to us than we are capable of understanding, but I'm not 100% convinced of what that is.

I don't believe in hell, so I have decided to live my life to the fullest. I just hope that I have touched people in a positive way and have made some contribution to society and a job well done before I pass on. This, for myself, would mean I have succeeded.

• dottie
    dottie

I would love to see my Granma again, but I'm content that she's in a better place, as she was quite ill before she died. She's no longer suffering, and that makes me happy. We had our time together and for that I'm grateful.

Dottie

• Undecided
    Undecided

When I look at what life really is, how it starts and how our brain is responsible for our perception of living, it looks like life is just physical and when the physical life is gone, so are we. I don't like this idea, but that is what everything I have experienced tells me.

I don't have but a few years left and I am having a hard time accepting this fact, but after I'm gone it won't matter to me as I won't know it.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit