Do You Think You'll See Your Dead Loved Ones Again

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Most definately yes. There are people alive today who have already had experiences with those who have passed on.

I have had those experiences. But I also have to consider if it was my imagination. I have a good one, you know. The combination of longing and imagination is powerful.

Robyn

• Erich
    Erich

JH said: The way the watchtower taught us, 99% will come back to life, but the sad part is that 99.9% will not live to see it, because of Armageddon

Thats the dark side of the glorious good news.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that`s nonsense.

You cannot find a verse in the bible supporting the opinion that 99,9% will die in Armageddon

Erich

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Since Armageddon is a worthless scare tactic, then we have nothing to worry about, do we?

ash

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

minimus said;

>" Hi Ho, I don't think that control is the issue with this one. I'm not referring to Watchtower control. If you believe in God, which I do, then there would be the ultimate issue of God bringing us back to life. How or where this is done, I don't know." <

I think we went around on this issue before, who's interpretation of God does one follow? If it's from your own reading, study and insight and you believe it, than all is fine for you. I will always be careful what I believe after finding out the WT is a scam and a lie. Again, if one follows another rendition of god: inspired, directed, radiated through the air, however one gets the information, it's listeners, followers, adherents will always be subject to control of the one dispensing the information, to conform in order to be saved by the supposed giver (god) of the information.

HCM

• freeman
    freeman

For those of you that think that the dead cant come back to life again, you should see what happens here in my office around quitting time. You will be made a believer.

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 7 January 2003 16:21:49

• Solace
    Solace

OMG,

Farkel said I put something brilliantly.

Most probably wont think what Im about to say is brilliant, including Fark, but it is the truth .

I have never been one to believe in the supernatural and I am the last one to believe in ghosts, but since my grandparents have passed away, I have had dreams in which they return to visit etc. In my dreams they look well, but we are all fully aware that they are dead when we are talking. Im usually saying something along the likes of, "OMG, What in are you doing here, your dead!" I also sense that they are sad because they are gone. They dont seem as cheerful as I remember, but its almost because they feel some kind of pity for me or something. They kindof look at me like they feel bad for leaving us. You know, that look that your grandparents gave you when you were about to leave their house after visiting?

Its a long story really, but things that they have discussed with me in my dreams, have actually become a reality in the future. Not earth shattering topics but things involving my family, their estate etc. They have asked me to take care of certain things, tie up loose ends etc. They have also told me information that I would have had no way of knowing, only to find out later that it was true.

For example, my grandfather had an old tractor that was given to my uncle "Bob" (changed names) when my grandfather died. In one dream, my grandfather told me to tell my aunts husband "Tom" that the tractor had certain problems with the moter and that he should make sure it was handled in a certain way etc. Now, I have no frikken clue about tractors and frankly, I could care less, but my grandpa was telling me something about oil mixtures or something. I was wondering why my grandfather told me in my dream to tell "Tom" about the tractor when my uncle "Bob" was the one who had it. I called my aunt who also happens to a JW and told her about my dream. She got really quiet on the phone and told me that "Bob" had just called her husband, "Tom" and told him he could have the tractor and that its moter needed to be rebuilt etc. My aunts and uncles live hundreds of miles away from me, I have no idea what their buisness is. I usually stay out of it since they are all JWs.

Anyway, Im sure some will say its a coincidence or my imagination etc.

All I know is, I dont know where they are, but I strongly sense that my grandparents are ok.

Just wanted to add that my sister, who is no longer a witness, has also dreamed about my grandparents and also believes that they are fine.

None of my JW family has ever dreamed of them. They say that they wish they could since they miss them so much.

Sooooo,

I believe either my sister and I have opened our minds enough, after leaving the org. to allow our grandparents to visit us from beyond, or some crazy demons want to see my grandparents tractor up and running.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Maybe when that spark of life leaves our eyes at the moment of death, that energy goes back to the universe and there is other things we have yet to experience, I just don't know. I never felt the JW teaching was real. It never felt real so it is easy now to believe that there is something else in the scheme of things, but I don't know what it is yet. I recently heard someone mention that they believed we all enter the world with a "sacred contract" and that is to live our lives the best way we can towards our other fellow human beings so that when we are with them they have been touched in some positive way by knowing us and that is how we also experience growth in a spiritual sense.

ashitaka, Hi

• greven
    greven

Only if I dig them up ....not a pretty sight though....

• target
    target

Heaven:

I have had similar experiences concerning my dead mother for the last year and just found out yesterday that my sister, who lives many states away, has been having the same experiences concerning our mother. I too am told things in my dreams by her that come true. She has also cleared up some issues from many years ago for me.

I know of others who have had such experiences as well.

So as far as "Do I think I will see Dead Loved ones again", I already am seeing them.

Millie

• minimus
    minimus

I was reading on this board a few days ago about how the elders tried to get someone to feel guilty about their lack of interest in the "truth". They brought up about seeing their daughter, I believe, and whether or not the person really cared about seeing her child in the ressurection. This is , or can be a powerful tool by the organization to keep you hoping, to keep that flicker of faith in the organization, real. Many, many times, this fear works wonders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit