Do You Think You'll See Your Dead Loved Ones Again

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you think that you will see your dear loved ones come back to life in a ressurection of some sort or do you think there is no hope of such a thing?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

No hope, but that doesn't negate the fullness of life now.

ash

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Most likely not, unless of course hell really does exist.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Everytime I look in the mirror I see a peice of all those that are gone from my world. "I see dead people." Plus, I do not think death is an end. I did not even believe that when I was a Witness. I just faked it to make it.

• JNS2
    JNS2

I don't think so, I hope so. jns2

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

At this point in my life, I'd say yes. Will it be on earth? Heaven? Next life? Don't know and ultimately, to me, it doesn't matter. It's sort of the same thing as if/when Armageddon comes. Don't know that one either and it doesn't matter. I choose to believe I will see those close to me again and I also choose to believe God will one day put a literal stop to the evil that men do. Now in what form and when this all happens, I don't know. Still waiting for that burning bush.

• AlanF
    AlanF

No hope on two counts: (1) I don't believe the Bible; (2) The JW notion of resurrection is nothing more than insertion of a dead person's memories into a clone of the dead person. Since there is no continuity of existence, this is not actually a resurrection.

AlanF

• Farkel
    Farkel

What I think doesn't matter, so I'll just have to wait it out and see. Or not see. Everything else is just "hope" and hope is bullshit and is only for the comfort of the dreamers. The facts will become evident as we die. We either see our loved ones, or we never see anything again. Death is a fact and what we think happens after death is mere "hope." The Bible is but a primitive explanation for what happens after that event without offering a shred of evidence to offer any genuine comfort.

Farkel

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I use to think so.Now I just don't know? So many conflicting interpretations from all kinds of scholars on what the Bible teaches on this subject of "WHERE ARE the DEAD?"

For example:Interpretation # 1WHEN YOU DIE YOU GO TO ONE OF TWO PLACES...HEAVEN or HELL !( you know eternal burning)

Interpretation # 2 WHEN YOU DIE YOU GO TO ONE OF TWO PLACES....HEAVEN or ANNIIHILATION ! (non-existence)

Interpretation # 3 WHEN YOU DIE YOU GO TO THE GRAVE UNTIL THE RESURRECTION ! (now you are sleeping)

These three are based on a belief system.

Atheism,there is no God,therefore when you die ,that's it ,your gone forever.

What do you think Minimus? Blueblades

• Solace
    Solace

I see them in my dreams.

I suppose heaven could just be a dream.

I have no control over the existance of heaven and hell so I refuse to dwell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit