have you been moved by something you have read.

by Sabin 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sabin
    Sabin

I found this book by Carmel Reilly, it`s called Dear God. Childrens letters to God from around the world. I promise you that if you are having a bad day this book what ever your believes will lift your spirits. The kids are between 5 to 10. I fully recommend this as a must. these are some of my fav`s. Dear God, Do you talk to Santa Claus about who has been good & bad? You can see everyone so you can help him. I`ve been very good this year so I am going to get some presents. Goodbye. Laura. Dear God, I have been praying for the President because he has so many difficult decisions to make & needs your help. Love Frida. Dear God, We live in the house next to the church, so we are your neighbours. Love Neil.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I think you will find that this forum is loaded with people who have been moved by something they read, or by just a song.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sabin, i can appreciate your POV on that book one one level. Reading the words of children, written in innocence, can be refreshing. Its nice to see them believe in good and believe that the world is a positive place and it reminds us as adults of happier times.

On the other hand im not a fan of children believing in fairy tales and buying into lies. Writing a letter to god and asking him about santa clause is ironic to the least. I personally would prefer to hear childrens unvarnished honesty on topics surrounding real items of interest to them (spongebob, flavours of ice cream, favorite dog etc etc) but thats one mans views

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes the innocence of childhood is wonderful.

I hope that these kids are given a fabulous education where they learn to think for themselves and consign beliefs in ancient myths to the where they belong - the dustbin.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Where the Red Fern Grows was one of the most moving books that I ever read as an adolescent. Life takes from us the things we love, but it gives to us new things that we come to love.
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    Bonsai14 minutes ago
    Where the Red Fern Grows was one of the most moving books that I ever read as an adolescent. Life takes from us the things we love, but it gives to us new things that we come to love.
    same here... and then I read more sinister books like Animal Farm and 1984. During this time I was being forced to study the "Babylon" book!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    On this forum alone I have many posts which I found imcredibly moving, motivating and informative. In fact often I read about someone breaking free of the cult and finding hapiness, causing me to literally clap my hands in delight. Imagine what members of my gym must have thought when I started clapping and shouting "yes! Yes!" While reding one such account while I was on the treadmill ... I was so engrossed I forgot where I was.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    not really. I have things that influenced me like Disney's Pinocchio
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Sorry it was Snow White, Pinocchio scared me.

when i saw Snow white i knew what i wanted to do in life.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Ucantnome

Sorry it was Snow White, Pinocchio scared me.
    when i saw Snow white i knew what i wanted to do in life.

You wanted to live with seven dwarves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit