have you been moved by something you have read.

by Sabin 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    lol
  • vinman
    vinman
    Rush Clockwork Angels- A concept analogy album about a person who gets sucked into organized religion. The Wreckers is about the reality of the situation. What appears to be salvation is in reality pirates. BU2B2 is when he learns TTATT. I always have The Wreckers chorus playing in my head as I pass my old KH. The last song, The Garden brings tears to your eyes.**The Wreckers LyricsThe breaker's war on an unseen shore,In the teeth of a hurricane,Oh, we struggle in vainA hellish night, a ghostly light,Appears through the driving rain,Salvation in the human chain
    All I know that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true,All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary of everything in life you thought you knewAll I know is that sometimes you have to be wary, because sometimes the target is you
    Driven to the ground,With that awful soundDrowned by the cheer from the shore,Oh, we wonder what for
    The people swarm,through the darkening storm,Gather everything they can score,Turn their backs when there's no more
    All I know that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true,All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary of everything in life you thought you knew,All I know that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true,All I know that sometimes the truth is contrary, because sometimes the target is you.
    The brink of war on an unseen shore,In the teeth of an icy grave,In the teeth of an icy grave
    Whoah, the human chain leaves a bloody stain,Washed away in the pounding waves,Washed away in the pounding waves
    All I know is sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true,All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary of all the things in life you thought you knew,All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary, because sometimes the target is you.
    All I know is that memory can be too much to carry,striking out like a bull from a balloon,All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary of everything in life you thought you knew.
    BU2B2 Lyrics
    I was brought up to believe
    Belief has failed me now
    The bright glow of optimism
    Abandoned me somehow

Belief has failed me now
    Life goes from bad to worse
    No philosophy consoles me
    In a clockwork universe

Life goes from bad to worse
    I still choose to live
    Find a measure of love and laughter
    And another measure to give

I still choose to live
    And give, even while I grieve
    Though the balance tilts against me
    I was brought up to believe

• millie210
    millie210
    Ucantnomers
    when i saw Snow white i knew what i wanted to do in life

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted. - Mae West

For you -ucantknowme!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Yes, by this book:

The Coming Kingdom of the Messiah
    A Solution to the Riddle of the New Testament
    by Anthony Buzzard

I asked permission from the author to translate it into my native language, and I started translating it.

• vinman
    vinman

paradisebeauty10 minutes ago

Yes, by this book:

The Coming Kingdom of the Messiah
    A Solution to the Riddle of the New Testament
    by Anthony Buzzard

I just received the The One God, the Father, One Man Messiah Translation New Testament

I didn't realize that the concept of Christ not having preexistence has its roots in Judaism. I reseached this for some time and found it made so much sense.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Yes, "The Alchemist".

Writings by Kahlil Gabran and Rumi.

As well as anytime a person has let down the barriers that guard their heart and genuinely expressed themselves.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ vinman

I came across this concept while I was researching for some anti trinity verses, because I was about to have a discussion with a Pentecostal.

I was surprised to see that there are anti trinitarians that do not believe that Jesus preexisted as a being, but only as an idea / plan of God.

After some research I realized, that unitarianism is the true non trinitarian doctrine, that what the jw's believe is a kind of semitrinitarianism, taking some of the ideas about Jesus from the Gnostics, but not elevating Him to being God.

Another thing that surprised me is that in insight, they have a section that states with bold that Jesus is not a co-creator. But that is just another game of words, because when you say that everything was created through Jesus, of course you see him as a co-creator, but you just don't want to admit it because it looks too much with the trinity.

The idea of Jesus' preexistence then messes up jw's doctrine further because they can not explain the following:

- were the controversies really answered if Jesus was an angel originally?

- was in that case Jesus really the seed of woman?

- what value had the temptation of Jesus in human form by satan if Jesus preexisted?

- the Bible states after ressurection he was elevated to a superior position, if he was preexistent, being first spirit creature and everything was created through him, what superior position could he be given after resurrection, he was already was second after God

- because of this preexistence doctrine, the jw's have a total unbiblical story about what happened with Jesus' body after resurrection and his appearances. If you think about it, the pharisees wanted to blame the disciples that they stole Jesus' body, the jw's say that God made it "dissapear" ...

• vinman
    vinman

paradisebeauty

Yes. Totally agree with your comments. For me it does two things. First, you no longer have to come up with "filler" stories. Such as why Jesus as a child could not recall previous life. Or when Satan tempted him. Satan said, if you are the son of God.... If Jesus lived previously, he could of said: Hello... Is anybody home? Don't you remember who I am? I'm Michael you idiot!" And of course, we can give other examples as well. But the big thing for me, is that ultimately all glory goes to Yahweh. And you are not worshipping Yeshua when you have a high sense of reverence for him since he is "Yahweh in the flesh" (but not in accord with Trinitarianism).

A little bit off topic, but since I left the organization, I found the World English Bible to be very comforting. It is free online or download an app. It is the American Standard Version but a little more modern and it keeps the literalness like the old NWT. But the best part is that it replaces Jehovah with Yahweh. The name Jehovah, sorry to say, brings back Watchtower talk in my head. That Bible was a dream come true.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oh what a great question.

I have had so many quarrels and been so moved by so much that " I read". And still my reading goes on. To think once upon "not so long" a time ago to read was the privalige of the rich.

Oh, hang on folks, it still is the privalige of the rich. That's why I don't take my world which is a maze of book shops, universities, and Internet all full of literature for granted. I always appreciate so many in the world are still denied the privalige of drifting away in someone else words. My hope is that all those who are in that poverty, someday experience the joy of being moved by the joy of being able to read.

All life has a beginning a middle and an end,but when a person reaches the end how can we not be moved the words of that life that live on?

The Rebel s words are paintings, maybe your words are a musical note? or a quilt you made by hand? what ever your words, I hope in the future people are moved like beautiful musical tunes by them.

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    John Shelby Spong, once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit