"2008" End of this system...??

by breeze 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

I must have messed it,but where does it say Adam waited for 30 yrs for Eve to come along?

Weird is right.

Edited by - shera on 5 January 2003 12:4:9

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think it's the 1975 thing + the years to the creation of Eve that is supposed to total 6000 years from Gods last act of creation.

The proposal seems to be based on the fact that Jewish men weren't considered to be men until their 30 th birthday, as was Jesus, so was Adam sort of thing. Therefore 1975 + 30 = 2005.

Mind you, at 56 I can only just about handle having a wife meself, never mind when I was 30!

Englishman.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

NO NO NO, the world can't end for at least fifteen years. I plan on making my first million within ten years and want at least five to enjoy it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I understand how the addicted mind could seek for yet another date to help satisfy its craving, and I've wondered to myself in the past about when someone would sieze the issue by its "manhod"... I mean sieze the "manhood" issue to claim that Adam was alone in Eden for a "mere" 30 years. After all he was a perfect human being and operated on a "mental plane" tht we cannot comprehend. (Yeah, we're all chimps compared to Adam.)

They might try to claim that Adam foreshadowed Christ, and so Adam was alone in Eden for 30 years,or as suggested above, that the entire earthly lifetime of Jesus was somehow a reflection of Adam's 'aloneness."

This argument is FULL of holes - it would suggest that from the very outset, immediately after his creation, Jehovah knew that Adam would sin and that Christ's "ransom sacrifice" would be necessary. Otherwise, why forshadow something that might not happen? Or does every event in time foreshadow some other event? Only the Faith-bsed scientists at Watchtower Quantum Laboratories could answer that one. ...and how does Adam giving up a rib for the creation of Eve (yikes! was Eve a clone of Adam?) have a parallel to Jesus starting his ministry? Although Bible Typology was invented and practiced by Jews, Catholics and Protestants hundreds and hundreds of years before the WTS crawled onto dry land, one misses the fantastic fantasy mind of Fred Franz sometimes, doesn't one?

Fifteen billion years from now, the robotic drones of the WTS will be re-activated by someone, and the drones will patiently explain that Adam was alone in the Garden of Eden for only fifteen billion years... OOps-sie! the creative days are only seven thousand years long... Hmmmmmm...

After the 1914 chronololgy, perhaps the second most cherished biblical chronology of the WTS is the "seven thousand year creative day/man is 6,000 years old in the mid 1970s" chronology that has been taught by the WTS since the 1940's. The birthday year has wavered a couple of years back and forth, but the spirit clearly communicated this truth directly to the mind of the Prophet Fred.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 5 January 2003 13:22:39

• no one
    no one

The problem I see with this is the year 1975 as equaling 6000 year of man's existance. To arrive at that, you have to accept that Adam was created in 4026 B.C. To arrive at THAT date, you have to be willing to accept that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 and not(at evidence points to) 587 B.C.

If you finally decide that 587 is correct, then JW chronology jumps 20 years forward in time, making it 4006 B.C. when Adam was created and 1995 for the end of 6000 years. However, there are other factors to consider:

For the 'Adam became father to Seth, who became father to'....etc. period of 1656 years to really equal 1656 years, each successive person in those 10 generations until Noah would have to have been born not longer than 9 days later than his father(plus the father's age) if we accept the logic that Adam was created about Oct. 1 because of the history of Jewish calendars. Example: if Adam is born on Oct.1, Seth needs to be born not later than Oct. 10, so that by the time you get to Noah, he will be born at the end of December so that the 1656 years work out. Doesn't sound logical.

Also, it appears from how Noah was counting time while in the ark, there were only 12 months of 30 days each. But WE count time going backwards to the flood using 365.25 days per year. If indeed, time was measured that way prior to the flood, the 1656 years turns out to be almost 24 years shorter.

And one last thing, how old was Noah when the flood came, 600 or 599? If you read the entire flood account and apply cardinal and ordinal rules to the statements made, there is a problem of 1 year that needs to be reconciled.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ok.,Jesus said no one knows the day or hour and HE didnt even know himself.

Still I would like some of what Breeze is smoking so I can make insane predictions too!

Pass it one Breeze

Utopian_Raindrops of the "In A Silly Mood Today Class"

• Flip
    Flip

Breeze, the only significant difference between your calculations and the Watchtowers is, the Watchtower knows how to make a heck of a lot more money promoting theirs...LOL.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Look guys, all this calculating is wasted energy, the big "A" is gonna get here when it gets here, not before....and the only math I'm concern with is that the grocer not over charge me at the cash register....dig? Until it happens let's see if we can't give these slippery little pedophiles and out of control elders a taste our our own home grown Armaggedon......then we can say we contributed in some way to a better quality of life....food for thought me thinks.....rocky220

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Right On Brother Rocky!!!

Power To the People!! U_R of the Still In Silly Mood Class

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had a revelation the other day. What if Babylon the Great is really....Babylon? Iraq is brewing for another fight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit