"2008" End of this system...??

by breeze 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breeze
    breeze

My Theory

Maybe the org was right with all of their predictions about the timeline of 607BC 1914?

Except for the small difference, the time that Jesus spent on the earth was exempt from the calculations?

1975 + 33 years = "2008" , end of 6000 years of mans existence on earth?

Saith breeze the Prophet!!

Edited by - breeze on 5 January 2003 8:32:57

• ballistic
    ballistic

breeze??? What are you smoking???

• breeze
    breeze

Why it makes as much sense as the stuff I see from the prophets and the org everyday.....

Smoking? Probably not the good stuff 420...??

• lisavegas420
  • MegaDude
    MegaDude

People will keep on predicting the end of the world until they are right. But will any religious group be around to take credit for it? LOL.

But for the sake of argument, let's say the Bible is true and there really is an event coming called "The End of the World As We Know It" a/k/a "Armageddon." Like the disciples, people who believe the Bible want to know when it's coming. Jesus didn't care about that. His comments in Matthew 24:14 reflect conditions that have existed from 2000 years ago to today, and will keep on occurring. So if Jesus or God didn't care to enlighten their most trusted followers who would write "The Bible" when it was coming, what makes you think some convoluted method of vague calculations will give you the answer even Jesus didn't know or care about?

Whether the Catholic Church a millenium ago, the Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses or Hal Linsey, all End Time predictors have one thing in common. They are always wrong. People or groups who make these predictions have another thing in common: They have books to sell and profit to make. Don't get me started on the "christian" businessmen who made a mint selling food/water emergency kits for large sums of money off the Y2K scare. End time predicting is a business for profit. Not a spiritual or intellectual exercise, in my opinion.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

MegaDude is right; the odds against any prediction about the end of the world coming true, based upon the accuracy of ALL previous predictions, is precisely zero.

• rocketman
    rocketman

One guy I know, a jw, holds to 2005, based on 1975 plus 30 years (the time Adam would be, in his view, alone till Eve was created).

I personally agree w megadude that such dates and predictions are useless. After all, if Jesus said "on a day that you do not think to be it the Son Of Man is coming" then it's obvious to me that such efforst to pick that date are a waste.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Do we count from Adam's creation, or the creation of "man".

Since Genesis gives several accounts of the creation of humans, how do we know which one we are to count from. Maybe "the end of one earthy system or another" occured quite some time ago, and we just don't know it yet. Maybe the "end" we are all awaiting, was some ice age, global flooding prior to Noah's day, or a meteor hit, or other cataclysm upon the earth, prior to our established society since Adam.

• shera
    shera

False prophets and don't put your trust in men.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes, but why did Adam have to wait for his mate in the first place?

The animals all had mates, yet it took God a while to see that Adam needed one too.

Weird.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit