prayer in school

by stephenw20 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tina
    Tina

well hello there cross,
    "What a moment in the woodstock generation'......lol no offense sweetie,but from the content of your posts I've been reading-seems like you may have been one of those 'woodstock casualties"who did too many drugs,,,, lol Cheers,Tina

• crossroads
    crossroads

Tina sorry to disappoint you was a little young to be considered
    part of that movement. But it still was the best music ever!!!
    Sorry to disappoint you on the drug scene too. But I was
    a true clean cut brother who gave talks went out in the
    field, gave bible studies. I was the young brother all moms
    wanted there daughters to date. Could have been a ministrial
    servant at 20. AH yes my dear mother looks at me now and
    thinks what might have been.
    EX-sorry I didn't get back to you on your comment about
    prayer that didn't help Stephen because he still died.
    He only dies in Freddies version in all others 'he fell asleep'
    Larc sorry if my polock reference offended you I'm polish
    it's a joke. About the crew like I said it is not for me to say.
    But being you want an answer I'll say yes there was at least
    one .I believe something happened in those frightful seconds
    and it was from the beyond. If you have ever been touched by
    HIM then you will understand if not then nothing I can say will
    convince you.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Tina sorry to disappoint you was a little young to be considered
    part of that movement. But it still was the best music ever!!!
    Sorry to disappoint you on the drug scene too. But I was
    a true clean cut brother who gave talks went out in the
    field, gave bible studies. I was the young brother all moms
    wanted there daughters to date. Could have been a ministrial
    servant at 20. AH yes my dear mother looks at me now and
    thinks what might have been.
    EX-sorry I didn't get back to you on your comment about
    prayer that didn't help Stephen because he still died.
    He only dies in Freddies version in all others 'he fell asleep'
    Larc sorry if my polock reference offended you I'm polish
    it's a joke. About the crew like I said it is not for me to say.
    But being you want an answer I'll say yes there was at least
    one .I believe something happened in those frightful seconds
    and it was from the beyond. If you have ever been touched by
    HIM then you will understand if not then nothing I can say will
    convince you.

• larc
    larc

crosswords,

Your comment "dumb polock" was not framed as a joke. It was used as a term of riddicule. I am not offended at all. Your verbiage is a relection of yourself, not me.

Regarding the German question and the A bomb. At the time, our government is running our factories at full capacity. We are turning out as many bombs and airplanes as we could. The Manhattan project is under way to develope the A bomb. Meanwhile, Germany is working on the A bomb as well. We sent in special forces to damage the heavy water plant and the heavy water shipment being sent from Norway to Germany. (Heavy water is a necessary ingrediant in an A bomb.) Given this context, I certainly believe that if we had the A bomb to take out Brlin and end the war, we would have used it. Why you think otherwise is beyond me. In war it is us against them. Far better to send one plane to destroy Berlin than to send hundreds of planes and thousands of troops to take over the city.

• larc
    larc

crossroads - errata,

Please forget everything I said about your use of the term "dumb polack". I misread your statement. I thought you were referring to me, not yourself. I don't think I am truely dyslexic, but I do missread things from time to time.

If you want to call yourself a dumb polack - hey, go for it. -:). Did you hear about the Polack who....? Oh, never mind.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Cross,
    My apologies. I was just kidding around. Im sure you're a fine young man!! How could that be dispointing? I enjoyed your posts.regards,Tina

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Larc,

good morning!

"If a plane is out of kilter because of damage, it still moves through the air according to aerodynamic priniples, not due to the principles of photons and electrons. "

Larc if the plane is out of kilter, its not the same plane it was when it was IN kilter, so the aerodynamics may be quite different.
    The "energy" of the plane itself is then, not the same , and in that and only that can it relate to the photons and electrons, differently than when it was in its true from.

Ex

"The rescuer "feels" like biking on unusual trails. Maybe it took him a while to decide before he left? Now he decides there was something supernatural about his decision simply because he happened to find an injured person. Where's the evidence? "

you said he "feels" , is there more evidence needed. Do you see wind, electricity,(you do FEEL this ), heat , cold ,the blinking of the flourescent light.Do you see Illness always or FEEL it?

Ex, i respect your own opinions and thank you for the respect of my own

S

• crossroads
    crossroads

Tina-no need to apologizes; would you like to hop on
    the 'PEACE TRAIN' with me. Odd thing that song came out when we were studing the Ezekiel book. I thought Cat was a witness
    funny how you can misinterprut scripture huh.
    Larc again sorry you thought I was putting you down I'm not
    like that. I make fun of being polish because I can if you
    had a joke I would would have laughed-they always make
    me laugh-unless I just don't get it[which is possible]
    As for the 'bomb' you have the right to believe your belief
    and so do I. My belief still holds we didn't 'bomb' germany and
    if japan was white and christian we wouldn't have 'bombed'
    them-we would have invaded.
    Its a great day lets all enjoy it. Peace and Love to-All

• larc
    larc

Cross,

One last comment. If you like Cat Stevens and Bob Dylan, you can't be all bad. -:)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Mental thread man... it really seem obvious to me that attendees at school should be allowed private prayer if they wish, but that religion activities should not be the province of the school. Simple, everyone's happy. Unless atheists want to restrict the personal freedom of theists or theists want to "get 'em while they're young".

In the US you have a clear seperation of church and 'State. Of course, it's a boneheaded seperation, with 'In God we trust' on your money, and prayer opening Congress, and the President swearing in on the Bible, but the principle is a good one. Why should a child be expected to follow whatever faith the government of the country want to force down their throats??

Whatever, there's two point people have raised I want to comment on.

Err... crossroads... you say;

'"Imagine living life in Peace you may say I'm a dreamer" But Lennon wasn't the only one I believe he was inspired when he wrote this song.'

Was he also inspired when he wrote "no hell below us, above us only sky"? That doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure Lennon was an atheist, so does god inspire atheists to write songs about the non-existence of god?? If god does do that, then hell, I might have to get interested in him, as that is broadminded and inclusive.

The point made about 'instant communication bewteen particles' by stephenw20 is based on science, here's a URL;

http://www.newscientist.com/ns/19991030/thequantum.html

However, there's no 'magic' or 'angels' making them do this, it is no more miraculous than the flow of electron making a light bulb shine. It's simply something we don't understand yet, just like people used to have gods for lightning, because they didn't understand lightning.

WHAT HAVE YOU
    got to live for
    IF YOU HAVE NOTHING
    you'd die for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit