prayer in school

by stephenw20 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You denigrate the Creator with your silliness, Stephen.

It takes 5 seconds to say a quick prayer. Any truly spiritual person does not need or care whether the school system sets aside time for it. It always has been, and always will be, a total and complete non-issue for people who truly care about praying and not politics.

The plane in China was flown down with the skills of the pilot and the remaining mechanical ability of the plane. I don't have my JW view of the military any more, but why the f*** would God intervene in something like that? Especially when you look at what he does not intervene in.

And you, young man, why the hell are you blathering about miracles in regards to this China plane situation? I assure you the pilot is glad to be alive, but he knows exactly how he got the plane down.

I mean, at least be willing to think the best of God, instead of making him as small and petty as a fundy reading the morning paper.

• Tina
    Tina

Sorry to push in here,this is off topic. On behalf of afew of us women I wanted to thank Francoise and those who openly had the courage to support the women bashing going on by lonewolf and ba=magdaleen=satan =azzazel,with gratitude,tina

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

"You denigrate the Creator with your silliness, Stephen."
    Silliness?..guess you can explain that one?
    But thank you for the love 6

"Any truly spiritual person does not need or care whether the school system sets aside time for it. It always has been, and always will be, a total and complete non-issue for people who truly care about praying and not politics."

6 , I can t speak for your country nor for all of mine..when I was in school ,prayer was THE LAST thing on my mind..... because it was never introduced..... but the flag was EVERYDAY>>>>>> I dont mean that this is wrong....... just that it was acknowleged and expected daily.....is there something wrong in the idea of acknowleging the higher power daily......schools dont want to get ino the RELGIOUS aspect of it..but are ok to do christmas and easter holiday projects......they are ok to observe Martin luther king, and Ok for Columbus...but lets not get to prayer that would be dangerous....... isn't that a double standard or just a barrier on the road.........

"The plane in China was flown down with the skills of the pilot and the remaining mechanical ability of the plane. "

Yes you are correct, and since I was not there and neither were you ..you cant say for certain that this flying machine had no additional assistance......it is my feeling it did.....

":I don't have my JW view of the military any more, but why the f*** would God intervene in something like that? Especially when you look at what he does not intervene in. "

This will sound cold ...BUT WHAT THE F**K BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS WHAT GOD DOES!...he doesnt answer to you.....
    get a clue....its his board game!

"And you, young man,(thank you) why the hell are yoClĂ !athering about miracles in regards to this China plane situation? I assure you the pilot is glad to be alive, but he knows exactly how he got the plane down."

Well I cant speak for him, but perhaps we will hear more in the days to come his version. If he knows *exactly* what happened perhaps he will write about it in a forthcoming book......but really quantum physcis being what they are..I dont know how you can say for sure ~anything~ about the way "HE" got that plane down......

"I mean, at least be willing to think the best of God, instead of making him as small and petty as a fundy reading the morning paper."

I will say this with all the love I can........ YOu have no idea what I think......and I find it almost personally offensive that you are stating I think God is not thought of in the best light. I say almost , because there is no room for ego , where god is .......

I will say I dont find him petty in any regard.......

6...love the day

S

• ianao
    ianao

stephenw20:

I say almost , because there is no room for ego , where god is .......

<BOLD MINE>

Interesting contradiction, if no ego is involved then why do you feel the need to feed God's?

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

ianao

My comment was in referrence to personal ego....my own...

so are you suggesting
    a) its wrong to pray to go or acknowlege him..... as it feeds his ego
    b) its wrong for ~me~ to pray to feed gods ego
    c) does god even need the pat on the back?

• ianao
    ianao

I am suggesting that you should have said:

I say almost , because there is no room for my personal ego , where god is .......

If that's what you meant.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

ianao

well said

it was my intent

THANK YOU

S

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

....its his board game!
  • larc
    larc

Crossroads,

You can go into a rant about the U.S. or any other country you want for that matter, but you ought to get your facts straight. You assert that we did not use the A bomb against Germany because they were "white and Christian" and that lead to the death of thousands of our "green troops." This simply is not true. Please note the following dates:

June 6, 1944 - Invasion of Normandy
    May 7, 1945 - Surrender of Germany
    July 16, 1945 First A bomb explosion in New Mexico
    Aug. 6&7, 1945 A bomb explosions in Japan

As far as conventional bombs go, we threw everything we had at Germany that we could manufacture and deliver. Part of our victory was due to the integration of bombing and artillery with troop movments to destroy the enemy and preserve our own troops.

Your broad assertions loose credility when they are so factless as what you have presented. There are plenty of evils in this world without asserting evil where there is no foundation for the assertion.

By the way, should we have lost more of our "green troops" by not using the A bomb?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

StephenW:

what would you be doing.?

I would be frantically looking for a way out.

choice is wonderful

It is indeed. This should include the choice not to pray, or the choice to pray to a non-Christian god, without pressure or coercion. Why should students be forced to worship someone else's idea of a higher power?

explain the miracles that happen...

I am aware of no genuine or proven miracles to explain.

Crossroads:

Stephen's prayers did him little good. He still died. No doubt you consider that he achieved salvation through his Christian faith and prayers. You are perfectly free to do so. Others are perfectly free not to. This is how it should be. Other than that, I'm not sure what your position is on mandatory prayer in schools. (Er, thanks for calling me cute.)

And now, a question for modern day miracle believers:

Does not believing in miracles e.g. that the survival of the American plane in the recent China incident was godly intervention, actually place blame on God for evil occurences?

If God intervened and produced a miracle to save this particular plane, then it shows that he can and will act to prevent disaster on occasions he sees fit. But now consider the vast number of aircraft disasters that have no survivors. God could have saved them with a miracle, but he chose not to. Were those who prayed and died over Lockerbie less worthy, or their prayers less valuable to God?

If God could prevent these disasters using a miracle, but does not do so, does he not share responsibility for them happening? If I saw someone drowning and had the power to save them, but did nothing, would I not bear responsibility for their death?

Believing in miracles seems to open up a whole barrel of spiritual worms to deal with, and cast aspersions upon the very God that miracle-believers profess belief in. Maybe that's why they're not so quick to mention God when the plane doesn't make a safe landing.

Expatbrit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit