What If We Are All Wrong?

by SpannerintheWorks 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Not in a million years, if one thing has been taught to me, that is, not to trust any religion. I don't hang out with people that lie.

• Mac
    Mac

Ug,

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! (lmao)

mac

• ballistic
    ballistic

I haven't read all of the replies yet but one thing was sure in my mind when I was disfellowshipped, and that is, if there is a God, he is a God of Love.

A God of Love would not treat people the way the organisation does and he would not judge people by the Watchtowers standards.

After years of thinking, I don't really believe all of the bible anymore, however I still look back and see a harsh judgemental organisation and to add to that hypocritical.

• neyank
    neyank

"Is it better to practice a wrong religion, or not to practice any at all?"

If a person doesn't care if the religion he/she is part of is true or not then I don't believe the person realy wants truth.

If that's the case, the person might as well just close their eyes and pick any religion from a list.
    Because it sounds like the person just wants to belong to something.
    Anything. So I guess it wouldn't matter if it's true or not.

Just wants to belong to a club with it's own charactoristics.

neyank

• Lin
    Lin

I've been asked that very question before and my only response is, If THAT is "true religion" then I'd RATHER BE DEAD at Armageddon.

• TR
    TR
    It is possible, don't you think?

Nope. No way in hell. If they're right, I'll volunteer for schlong reduction surgery.

TR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. -- 1 John 4:1

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ***

20 "'However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.'

*** Rbi8 1 John 4:1 ***

4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

*** Rbi8 Matthew 7:15-20 ***

15 "Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep's covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].

"when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah"

*** si 9 "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial" ***

(1) Jehovah God originates his utterances;

(2) then his official Word, or Spokesman-now known as Jesus Christ-often transmits the message;

(3) God's holy spirit, the active force that is used as the medium of communication, carries it earthward;

(4) God's prophet on earth receives the message; and

(5) he then publishes it for the benefit of God's people.

*** w64 5/1 277 Building a Firm Foundation in Christ ***

It is through the columns of The Watchtower that Jehovah provides direction and constant Scriptural counsel to his people

*** g86 6/8 9 "Would That All Were Prophets!" ***

You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses

*** w65 6/1 352 Questions from Readers ***

Jehovah's theocratically controlled organization under the immediate direction of Jehovah God himself.

"and the word does not occur or come true"

1889 "In the coming 26 years, all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved." (C.T. Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 98-99, 1889)

1908 "In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D.

1914." (The Time Is At Hand; 1889; 1908 ed.; p. 99)

1917 "And the mountains were not found. Even the republics will disappear in the fall of 1920. And the mountains were not found. Every kingdom of earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." (The Finished Mystery, 1917 edition, p. 258)

1917 "It is the Day of Vengeance, which began in the world war of 1914 and which will break like a furious morning storm in 1918." (The Finished Mystery, 1917, p. 404)

1920 '...we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of from the condition of death, being resurrected' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 88)

1920 'Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 89-90)

1922 "The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." (The Watchtower, March 1, 1922)

1922 '1914 ended the Gentile Times...The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures...by then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed' (Watchtower Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262)

1923 '1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures...the Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge' (Watchtower April 1, 1923, p. 106)

*** yb89 3 1989 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses ***

With confidence in the vision's complete fulfillment, during the decades of this 20th century

*** w84 3/1 18-19 Kingdom Unity a Reality Today ***

Some of that "generation" could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that "the end" is much closer than that!

That is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 4 January 2003 18:32:25

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

"Is it better to practice a wrong religion, or not to practice any at all?"

Sorry, but with all the things that they get wrong...is it really okay to just settle when it comes to the whole "eternal salvation" thing? I'm not a believer in God, personally, but if I was, I'd want to know that I had picke the sure fire winning way to come out on top at judgement day.

JMO

Ern

of the I'm not gonna settle for anything less than the best class.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If one can't adhere to the slogan "My country, right or wrong," how could he for his religion?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    What if the JWs are right and will someda rule the world? I'd rather be dead.

Oh how twu...how twu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit