I don't want the Watchtower's version of paradise.

by StarTrekAngel 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• datto
    datto
    I'm really very curious about how their paradise really looks like coz there's always many question marks pop up in my head when looking at their illustrations. Dolphins coming to the shores? Surfing while there are kids diving below? Really?
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

I would be more impressed with those WT pictures if the captions read "Wouldn't you like to live in a terraformed Mars?"

I don't think it occurs to most JWs that there are already beautiful and diverse places on Earth that you can visit TODAY...You can study hard, work hard, save some money, and go see them...

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I would not want to live in a house, which by the way is never pictured in the magazines, with elephants and lions crapping all over the yard, unless the dear sisters take turns cleaning up. An elder said last week during the talk, just think how good we will feel one minute after the GT is over? I thought that I just lost 20 members of my family that are not JW's and who is going to bury the billions of dead people? What do dead people smell like after a few days. Oh the sweet aroma of paradise.

There will be no electricity and with all of the destruction the roads will be impassable. After 9/11 with only a few building destroyed, it took many months to remove the material using all sorts of high powered machinery. How long will it take to turn New York City into a paradise park. Where will all of the ruble be dumped?

I can just see the local elders after the GT giving instruction for who has burial duty for the day and having weekly meetings in buildings with no air conditioning to hand out orders.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    LOL. Well, we may end up having to mark the Watchtower machinery with blood so that they will be spared. After that, the birds will begin eating the corpses and will poop a highly efficient manure that can be diluted with water and will turn into fuel.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

In paradise will there be weeds, mosquitos (yellow fever malaria),terminates.

Maybe Jehovah will change their diet. How will I keep my yard looking like paradise,

use a machete to trim the grass. How about painting my house so it looks nice.

Back to log cabins , outside toilets, no Scott's toilets paper, no Colgate for our teeth (maybe we

don't need teeth in paradise, lions and tigers will be toothless), back to spinning wool and

slaving over a pot belly stove to cook one meal. Then we have the birds feeding on the dead,

crapping all over the place, that will be messy. Who's going to stump the grapes for wine?

I don't know about you but that is not my paradise.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I do want it, but it is not going to happen.

SL

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

https://youtu.be/R5Gppi-O3a8

The Pencil. One of the worlds simplest tools, but they couldn't make it in "Paradise".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...

...if the WTS were given control of a small country tomorrow, I guarantee that within ten years, free speech, freedom of religion, and democracy would be nonexistent, creationism would be mandated in schools, any alternative form of sexual expression and divorce would be criminalized, DFed people would be imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Anyone who believes otherwise is either naïve or simply lying to themselves.

Now, imagine a regime like that encompassing the entire planet.

Forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit