What Kept You "In The Truth"?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Family considerations, like I said before. Or else, it would be BYE-BYE. And you, Shelia?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Family and "friends". After I had enough I said to hell with both if they dont want anything to do with me afterwards.

• happyout
    happyout

At first I thought it was the truth, then because of my family. The only reason I am not a flame throwing apostate now is because my family is still totally, and we have a great relationship.

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

My father's belt, and anything else handy enough for him to grab (our horse's bridles, the moulding off of our old house's doorways, etc.) to beat the worldly temptations of Satan out of me.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

FEAR

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

My father's belt, and anything else handy enough for him to grab (our horse's bridles, the moulding off of our old house's doorways, etc.) to beat the worldly temptations of Satan out of me.

Some people really never got what it was supposed to be all about did they?

Never ceases to amaze me.

• beth
    beth

Mostly fear I suppose. Fear that if I left my children would lose their salvation. That I would lose my salvation. I was told that if I turned my back on Jehovah, it was the same as murdering my children.

I had to check out the Bible - for the truth. Not trust the Watchtower. I have been gone for two years and a bit now. Still shunned - living in a small town. Hope to reach others still lost in the cult.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Family mostly, fear of mother.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nothing could make me accept that bullshit,once I saw it for what it was...OUTLAW

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Fear of dying at Armageddon, when I was young.

When I was older, it was fear of being rejected by family and friends.

That's what cults do to a person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit