What Kept You "In The Truth"?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

Like many... I believed... But I always beleived everything even with certain doubts... and always willing to wait for "new light"...

After I learned the truth about the toof... I tryed staying in and keeping quiet because of ALL my family and 'friends'... until one day I had to open my mouth because of a comment made by one of my JW friends... and from that day on... I was marked as an Apostate...

email

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Fear. Once I got over that, I left.

ash

• JH
    JH

What kept me in was the imminence of Armageddon and the fear of losing eternal life. I am inactive now, but I still think of what I might lose if I don't go back. But how can I go back when all I see is evil and control.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It took me almost 20 years to leave after I began to realize that it wasn't true. I stayed in and kept up appearances (sort of) in order to keep my family together. After my daughter grew up and got married, it was only a year before my marriage fell apart, too, so there was no longer any reason to stay. Two weeks after my (now ex-)wife left, I was at an ex-witness convention.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 3 January 2003 10:22:31

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

friends and family only.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I believed the lot - once that stopped, the days were numbered.

I suffered (mostly in silence) for about four months, planning my exit and gathering my resources.
    When the time finally came, I shrugged off the Wt. yoke and walked.

I still love so many of those left behind, but staying wasn't going to help, in my situation.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I was, and still am I guess, an idealist.

I would still like to live in a world where justice and truth prevails, and being honest and good is not considered to be a weakness. I believe that the New World Society could offer this. But sadly, like many here, I have been disillusioned by failed promises and the hypocrisy of many.

Eyeslice

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

ditto to the first poster reubenfine.

• ugg
    ugg

i am technically still in.....i cannot lose my daughter....it would destroy me...literally...it would be my death......that is why i am so afraid of opening up...as to my identity,,,who i am,, where i live,,,ect...

it is almost impossible for me to get close to anyone here on a personal level....so i guess fear could be the answer....

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Minimus:

What kept or keep you in the Truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit