I am new here - sharing my story

by YellowLab 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Yellowlab and welcome!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello YellowLab

Glad you decided to post. I love experiences.

And you had the privilege of being welcomed first by one of our kindest fatherly figures on the board, Ozzie.

Hope to hear more of you.

Jst2laws

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Welcome YellowLab,,,,,,,,,,, I like your name.,......... we have a black lab, her name is Snoopy, I know ,, a boy dog's name but she is the one who chose it. Tell ya about it some day. She is our 4th kid. She is so spoiled.

Again welcome to the board.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. It wasn't long at all! It also sounds like you have a wonderful wife. Look forward to hearing more about you.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi YellowLab. Welcome. Are you a Packer fan?

Blondie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi

It is so great that you have left the JW world behind. Now your kids won't have to grow up with all the issues that JW kids do.

Just a heads up though, after the elders saw your Christmas Tree, you probably will be having a visit from them soon. If you don't know it already, there is a ruling out from the society to seek out all inactive ones(no matter how long they have been inactive) to see if they consider themselves JW's or not. Not that it matters in your case, you sound very solid in your non-JW life. There are those here on the board who have had a "visit" already. Our visit is probably coming soon. Can't wait!

Take care and best wishes to your family,

Mrs. Shakita

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the forum! It will be a pleasure getting to know you.

Nina

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Yes, it does sound like you and your wife will have to make a choice soon, especially as your little ones grow older. This can be extremely difficult to deal with, and I wish you alot of luck.

Look forward to more of your posts!

• talley
    talley

Welcom to the board, Yellow Lab !!!!

I too really like the username you chose, and I too am from Wisconsin, River Falls.

So glad you have already read CoC & ISoCF. Glad to meet you here and wish you and yours many years of good health and happiness.

talley / Judy

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome. It is so nice to know that I'm not the only one who has been suffering. I am thankful for the Internet and feel the best "therapy" is to be open and honest about it all.

It see some of you are from Wisconsin... I live in Eagle which is about 13 miles south of Oconomowoc. Used to attend a congregation in West Allis. That hall was like a dungeon -- it was all brick and had no windows. I guess that was popular at the time since they didn't want any broken windows from vandalism. Yes, I was a good little Dub who never missed meetings and pretty much followed in my mother's footsteps. We had a lot of JW cliques in our hall, mostly consisting of people who grew up as Dubs their whole life. Plus we a had a lot of pompous ministerial servants and elders who were always so "theocratic" and felt they knew the answer to all of life's problems. Most of them lived in affluent suburbs and it always felt like a fashion show at the hall with their expensive suits and cologne. I only reported a few hours of service a month so I never got many privileges (like books, microphone, etc.) The one thing that really bothered me the most about JWs in general is how they make themselves out to be so perfect, with a do-no-wrong attitude, yet their actions proved otherwise. And so many rules... I don't think there is a subject on the face of this earth they haven't addressed, and usually they said it was wrong or worldly. Given my experience not fitting in as a kid, you can sure as well bet I wasn't proud to be a JW.

Fading away was the best course of action and I'm the last person who would want to cause a stir. It just makes me sad that my mother/brother/family members don't know what I know now. They're always talking about the "new world" and how all of life's problems will soon be gone.

I have read many of your stories and have learned A LOT in the past few months, stuff I never even knew of. It's always interesting to see what the Dubs come up with next. The one scripture I really appreciate is the one that warns us to be on guard for those saying "Here is Christ, or there is Christ". I recently started attending a non-denominational church in our area and must admit that it is difficult to start over and re-learn everything about God and Christ. There were so many false beliefs burned into my mind as a Dub. It will take time to heal.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit