I am new here - sharing my story

by YellowLab 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• musky
    musky

I really enjoyed your story, mostly because I can relate to so much of what you are saying. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi Yellowlab! I am still sorta new here too and I got a very warm reception too! Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it.

~Aztec

• castyurcare
    castyurcare

Hi Yellowlab and Welcome!

Enjoyed your post and am thankful you and your wife are out! And are adjusting. I have a bit of a different situation than most since my husband is still in, and I have really never been involved other than an occasional meeting/assembly/gathering way back.... In fact my husband will be spending 3 "fun" filled days in Janesville this week-end!! So thankful he can't make our son go with him anymore! I live in West Allis AND my in-laws (thankfully not JWs) live in Eagle ! Small world! I can think of a former KH real close to where I now live, but I think it had windows, even went to a meeting there once, bored silly at the time! This board is the place to be to get encouragement and information! Thanks to Simon and the many hours he puts in here. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

C.

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

NEW ME TOO!!

WELCOME TO US BOTH!!

God Save the Penguin.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome Yellow Lab, I enjoyed reading your story and look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome also TheItalian!

Katie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

YellowLab:

Sorry I'm late with this WELCOME!!!!!!!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome yellowlab, thanks for your story..... keep posting!

• jurs
    jurs

Welcome Yellow lab,

I enjoyed your post. Its nice to get to know a little about ya! I wanted to point out that even if you do get DF'd , you wont loose your whole family. You have your wife and kids!!! That attitude may help when things get rough. I think you'll also find this place a comfort if you do get DF'd for having that tree. There is life after DFing or DAing and the biggest benefit is that you have freedom to do what you want to do without fear of the repercusions because the worst has already happened, (shunning).

take care

jurs

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome Yellow Lab. I'm new here too. I still have yet to post our story (my husband and I are in the midst of putting our story together, I told him its too long lets make it short and sweet, but He wants to be sure the details and chronology of events are right). Anyways, my Husband and I too were refused marriage in the kingdom hall. We were both raised jw's. I eventually got baptized when I was 16. I started dating him when I was 22 and he was 19. Three years later we wanted to get married. He was involved in going out in service, his Dad was an elder, he gave talks., the whole thing, although he was not baptized, he considered himself an witness. We talked to the elder that performed the weddings (which was my husband's uncle) and he refused to marry us in the kingdom hall. So what ended up happening was a number of brothers and sisters that were going to attend our wedding eventually felt harassed enough and had to bow out, my own brother did not attend. We did get married, had a small wedding, it was small but intimate. This was back in 1984. My husband did get baptized a year or two after our marriage. We since have raised three children. We left the borg around 1994 after being refused the blood card at a service meeting. That is basically where our story will begin. It was quite a turn of events for us, especially myself as my parents and brother are still in.

You will find a lot of encouragement on the board as I have found this last week, since I first started to watch the different threads. My husband has been trying to get me on here for the last year but I felt there might be a lot of bashing, but you will find that we have similar stories, loved ones we have had to leave behind, and new friends that accept us with unconditional love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit