Photography

by Frenchy 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Shamus: I prefer Aperture from apple. ;)

If I were a Mac user, Shamus, I'd prolly be an Aperture user as well. Someday, I might come over to the dark side and get a MacBook Pro with the Retina display and complete my evil conversion. So sexy.

What lens did you take that with? That's a nice shot.

Thank you, kind primate! I used my trusty 70-200mm f2.8L IS.

• talesin
    talesin

Any tips on how to get started with the Lightroom? Maybe I just need to buckle down -- it's the first time I've had difficulty self-teaching software. My friend who gave that and the PS to me, loves it too!

:(

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I had this excellent book for reference (LR2) and used a lot of trial/error (plenty of error).

Here's the latest version by Martin Evening but I'm sure most of the others would work just as well. And I'd guess there aren't just a few video tutorials on the interwebs.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Uuugh, photo software...

You're on your own kid. D:

I'm struggling with making my watermarks right now. >:O

What was your ISO setting for that night shot?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Shamus: What was your ISO setting for that night shot?

ISO 200. Aperture was f11 with a 220 second bulb exposure (ambient light/supermoon only) plus additional 7 second exposure after milady flipped the breaker on at the end (cabin lights). Shot on a tripod with a radio remote while sitting still as possible 30' up in a man-lift, at around 11pm because the moon + trees were casting a shadow on the cabin before that. Got it close to the way I wanted in camera (after much trial and error), tweaked color/exposure a bit in Lightroom and used PS to clean up some weeds. Then I had a beer.

I'm struggling with making my watermarks right now. >:O

*cough* lightroom! *cough*

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I took this on Father's Day at a party at my in-laws:

• SadElder
    SadElder

Been dabbling for about 5 or 6 years. Shoot with Canons and always in search of better and bigger glass, pending the demise of my wallet.

talesin: check out this site from Adobe for some free instruction on Lighgtroom. http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-lightroom-4/

You also may find this site helpful. She has some great training vids. www.laurashoe.com

Happy shooting

• Twitch
    Twitch

Optics are expensive. I deal with lensing for projectors/video cameras and the costs can be huge, especially for specialty glass. However you're dealing with a precision instrument with fine tolerances, so yea...

Not a shooter of stills but I do enjoy good composition in a shot. There's definitely an art to it.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, SadElder! Nice to read you. :))

Oh, just saw that SBC -- merci! :D

sites bookmarked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit