Photography

by Frenchy 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Okay, so far no one has posted anything about photography on this forum. So what do you guys and gals think about digital vs 35mm?
    I use to do a little shutter bugging myself. I used to take pictures at weddings, etc.
    I was once approaced by a very sexy, good-looking woman and asked if I would take her picture in the nude. Well, you can imagine my uneasiness at that request! I was stammering and stuttering and then she said that she would give me five hundred bucks if I did it. In those days I really needed the money so I agreed but only under one condition --that she would let me keep my socks on to store my flash bulbs!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Seven
    Seven

Is there something wrong with your feet that you'd
    want to keep your socks on? Moving on-Digital or 35mm, Ginger or Maryann, Betty or Veronica? It matters little to me but digital is the wave of the future. I shoot mostly black and white. When I'm trying to get a certain look for a painting-say a red fox- I'll shoot a few rolls of the animal itself[color slides]to study it in detail-with my socks on.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Seven:
    Right now I have a mental image of you, in the woods, with only your socks on, pointing your camera at a fox. Whew! Let me get out of here while I still can!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Seven
    Seven

I'll have to start looking over my shoulder more when I'm out in the woods.

• homejah
    homejah

Frenchy,I hope you had beaten your shyness in photographing nude women. I had not taken photos of nude women and you are a lucky individual.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I love digital, I just got canon 5d Mark2 but didn't even had time yet to fully play with it as I'm busy lately working on the house. I would never go back to film, not only are digitals great looking but they are easier to store and sort through. You can alter digitals so much easier, correct what needs to be corrected and add/apply filters afterwards in photoshop. No more scanning! No more slide projectors!

Never got into portraits but I love landscapes.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Lol, I love photography, especially outdoor macro stuff and indoor 'studio' stuff. My ex liked to do nude/semi-nude shots, and then a few times had one of her girlfriends over for some lingerie shots together (that was after we quit the JW thing...). Looking back... I should have bought them some booze, the photos that night turned out terribly stale.

Ehem, anyway. I'm all digital myself, I prefer them for the speed at which I can get feedback, being able to take thousands of shots without any substantial cost. Save that money for a good lightbox or lens. I've used canons and nikons and both have their merits.

- Lime

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

HTR Batman!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Holy Textual Recidivism, Batman?

Holy Time Regurgitation, Batman?

??

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Holy Thread Weezerection, Batman!