Photography

by Frenchy 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The ancient worthies are strong in Gotham tonight. Prepare to open the gates to exit BethSarim, Alfred.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Resolution isn't an issue any more, so just use whichever medium that will give you your desired result. I have a stockpile of high quality 35mm film that I doubt I will ever use as I can get what I want from my digitals with far less hassle.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL. HTR Batman Part 2: The Sequel. Thanks to a spammer.

• dmouse
    dmouse

35mm? I'm still using medium format film on my Bronica ETRSi ! (for weddings). But even professional wedding photographers have gone digital now. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find anyone to develop my films. I also think photography as a hobby is far less popular than it used to be.

Film is dying/dead. Digital is so much cheaper (less waste - just print the one you want), and easier!

I do think though that in years to come people won't have the joy of blowing the dust off a box of old family snaps and laughing/crying at all the silly pictures (that wouldn't be printed now due to some minor flaw).

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I like to take lots of pictures! Almost every day I shoot at least one. Funny I was thinking of doing a photo shoot for breast cancer awareness, being I don't look to bad buzzed hair. Thought it would be a cool thing to do, but not sure how? AND NOT NUDE I WILL ADD!!!!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Wow, twice resurrected from the grave. That's 2x more impressive than the resurrection of Cheezits!

I dabble in this "digital photography" craze. I won't spell out my site letter for letter (because I'm paranoid about creating associations for Google between my JWN self and my semi-professional self) but some of my work can be seen at tim0thy p@$ch@l dot com. And in case the substitutions aren't obvious...

@ - a

$ - s

0 - O

True story: I once got a request for a quote from an Asian model who appeared in Playboy to provide some shots for her portfolio. I talked to m'lady about it and she was a bit uneasy with the idea (after seeing her existing portfolio) so I politely declined and passed her on to another photographer. Then like the next day my wife had a change of heart and said it would be fine but it was too late.

Got the opportunity to be co-shooter at a celebrity wedding late last year - a Disney channel starlet. Bridal party included Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Gotta keep the zombie alive, LOL! This is a picture of the very first digital camera, recording onto cassette!

This is Steve Sasson at Kodak- with the invention that ruined the company!

• talesin
    talesin

Speaking of WOW,,, sbc --- you have a gift; it was hard to choose favorites.

Is that a skink?

tal

• shamus100
    shamus100

Photography is actually quite popular - digital SLR cameras are everywhere.

But to put this in perspective, most of the people taking the shots don't know how or when to take a picture. ;)

Outdoor photography is all about light and timing. If you are not prepared to get up very early in the morning or late in the afternoon (at times) then you may as well go home and clean the cat. ;)

• talesin
    talesin

Yah, I really wish developing was not so expensive,, I have a great old SLR and lenses, paper, film and roller, but the chemicals are too dangerous to develop myself ....

*sigh*

ANd to buy a digital even NEAR the quality ... fuggedaboutit!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit