JWs nearly killed my mother

by cookiemaster 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    My thoughts echo everyone else's here! Appreciated the happy ending. This story has made my day as another potential human sacrifice was avoided..
  • kaik
    kaik

I am so glad you have a happy ending! I am in similar situation with my mom. Last week I had find out that she did not have money for Avastin eye shots because she went to JW convention, which whipped her some saving that she had put on the side for the treatment and who knows how much she had donated there. My JW cousins told her not to worry if she goes blind because she will get new eyes after Armageddon. Additionally, she was told that if she goes for hip surgery in the fall, she will miss her chance to survive in Armageddon, because she would be too busy recovering in outpatient rehab center. At least my mom is receiving a medical treatment and had her doctor appointment already.

Someone already called from her KH to inquire if I am still at my mom's place today. At least they could ask her about my mom's health. Hell no! It is so pathetic that JWs gives others such BS advice. Stupid cult.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I'm glad she listened. I'm also glad it seems to have taught her a lesson. the party from your father though, that is a bit confounding? Maybe there is a personal element to the story missing.

Either way I hope your family finds peace, and I'm glad she lives to fight another day. Maybe its a good opportnity to explain to her why she need not even ask forgiveness for this thing.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I'm so glad you were there to convince her to do the right thing, but I'm very sorry you had to go through that :(
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Thanks for the study Pete ZaHut
  • username
    username

It does look like slowly but surely the cult is losing it's control over peoples lives. Now information is freely available the propaganda the watchtower spew out regarding lives actually being saved when taking a stand against blood is being totally debunked by news outlets reporting on JW's dying because Jehoobah will kill them if they take blood! This of course doesn't make any sense as the bible says the big man in the sky has no desire to see anyone die!

Well done for standing up against this cult. Don't let the "elders" harass you or her as they just might do this!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So they ask for your life, then don't want to give any financial help towards the alternative treatment they themselves recommend? They are like the Pharisees in the bible that would say, "Go forth, be warm and well fed....." giving no aide at all. Just empty words. Here your mom sacrificed everything since she was 20 years old, and what do the JW's give back in return? NOTHING! What parasites they are.

Funny......they can't help their own members in times of need, spouting off "pray to Jehovah, Jehovah provides!!!!" Ohhh.....but when it's time for a Kingdom Hall or Assembly Hall, everyone is supposed to open their cheque books!!! Let me tell you, what's good for the goose is good for the gander! Next time they're begging for money, tell them to pray harder, because after all: "Jehovah provides!!" Not me. Not you. Not your mom. Jehovah. That's who should provide for them.

I went thru similar with my mom CookieMonster. She required a blood transfusion with her liver transplant. We went to a well-known bloodless University Medical Hospital. Know what the Dr's & Nurses told us? That 99% of the JW's took whatever blood products were required to save their lives, then kept their mouths shut about it. That is the way to get around shunning, DF'ing, etc.....keep your mouth shut and admit to NOTHING! My mother and I were stunned. So, when she needed blood products - she GOT them. However, the transplant eventually failed and she passed away. Nobody's fault. Just happened. And the JW's? I called an Elder friend and inquired if he'd come console my dying mother in the hospital. His response? He was mad that I'd interrupted his dinner, and also that I should call the local Elders and have THEM come offer spiritual support. Then, **CLICK**. He had hung up. I was sitting in my car in the parking garage of the University Hospital, and my jaw was on the floor. I actually broke down crying at the shock of it all......not just my mothers condition, but how we'd been left to fend for ourselves by "God's Organization". My mom had been a JW for 25 years. Never a lick of trouble. She was a RN for 35 years, and helped countless people who were sick. JW's didn't give 2 sh*ts about her. Couldn't have cared less. They are a cold, heartless, disgusting, CULT.

• flipper
    flipper
    COOKIEMASTER- I'm so sorry that your mom suffered these abuses from the JW cult. I'm so GLAD you were there for her to save her from the mind indoctrination of this evil organization. If she had died- I'd of sued their ass for murder. I'm so thankful you still have your mom. Great job my friend, I'm happy for you and your mom- and it sounds like this may be the beginnings of your mom awakening to TTATT. We will see. I think it's a good idea to stay in close contact with your mom so that your crazy JW dad doesn't try to " guilt trip " her over what she did. I know my crazy ass elder JW dad would do that to my older JW mom. I mean- hell- he put her away in a care facility for Christ sakes. Be watchful over your mom buddy- there is no END to what these sleazebag elders and WT Society representatives will try to do and encroach on our loved ones lives. They have NO conscience and they have NO morals. Take care, once again great job ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    As an organization, they're looking worse and worse in the public eye.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

COOKIEMASTER - glad everything worked out for you and your mom. You both made the right choice.

To be honest, I looked at the title of your thread and thought "I only WISH JWs would kill my mother!"

Sorry if that sounds morbid, but I suppose you can tell I'm not a big fan of my mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit