I'm the Dad of a Silent Lamb...

by CoonDawg 36 Replies latest jw friends

  • Buster

    Go get 'em.

    I have seen boys that should have grown into men. Instead they have become the types that accept the WTS line of crap - even when it comes to defending their own daughters against sexual attack. These shells of what should be 'men' were the friends of my youth. All these years later, I still mourn the destruction of the men that they should have become.

    Coon, I am deeply sorry for what you are dealing with. But for what its worth, I am charged up by your attitude. Put 'em over a barrel and go in dry.

  • Swan
    Coon...check my post above yours...also i suggest you tape record any further discussions with the elders and document Everything.

    Good idea Ruby, but if it is over the phone, you need to inform the person on the other end that you are about to tape record the discussion, then turn on the tape, and then ask the person to affirm that they know they are being taped and consent to it. There is a whole process for legally taping phone calls that Coon needs to become familiar with. Failure to do it properly could be a violation of Federal wiretap laws. A good attorney can help with this.


  • RubyTuesday

    Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as "one-party consent" statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it. (Nevada also has a one-party consent statute, but the state Supreme Court has interpreted it as an all-party rule.)

    Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

    It shouldnt need to be said, but it is illegal in all states to record a conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent to tape, and could not naturally overhear.

    Edited by - rubytuesday on 31 December 2002 20:46:28

  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

    Coon Dawg, I am sorry.

    If yours is a "reporting" state, haven't the elders committed a crime by failing to abide by the law?

    Shouldn't they be arrested, charged, convicted and spend some time in jail?

    You can contact Kim Norris either at the website mentioned above or via phone or email:

    Kimberlee D. Norris , attorney at law kdnorris@airmail.net 817.335.2800

  • Yizuman

    Coon, so sorry to hear all this.

    I'm with you in the spirit and you have my utmost support.

    Hang in there and fight the good fight. You WILL WIN!


  • Xandria


    Definately get em! We got your back.


  • Farkel

    : I sat there in stunned silence at the stupidity of these men. I mean...didn't they get the same B.O.E. letter that everyone else did...stating that in reporting states they don't hesitate to go to the authorities?

    Um, which BOE letter was that? I could be wrong, but I don't know of any BOE letter where the ELDERS were told to go to the authorities when they found out about a molestation. I know the parents can (without WT sanctions) in reporting states, but I'm not certain the elders are required to do it if they find out about it first.

    If I'm right (and hawkaw or others could clarify this) the elders can do whatever the Watchtower tells them to do if the parents don't know what has happened and that includes not informing the parents of what has happened or is happening.

    Can anyone help me out here? This is a religion consisting of a maze of rules and regulations, do's and don'ts for the rank and file and a different set of do's and don'ts for elders, COs, DOs and Branch Overseers. And a totally DIFFERENT set of rules for the rulers themselves. To merely call them "Pharisees" would be an insult to the Pharisees of Jesus's day.


    Edited by - Farkel on 31 December 2002 21:23:13

  • Joyzabel

    Coon Dawg,

    I'm sorry to hear about the situation you, your daughter and your family find themselves in.

    Please contack Kimberlee Norris. She posts here as Concerned lawyer. Here's her e-mail KDNORRIS@AIRMAIL.NET I'm sure she would be very interested in your daughter's case.


  • Scully


    I'm so sorry for what your family has gone through, and will continue to go through for a long time to come.

    Take her to your family doctor, and have him or her refer you to a specialist who can help your daughter deal with the trauma. I totally agree that you need to make the report to the police, reassure your daughter that they are going to help stop the person who hurt her.

    I've seen Kim Norris post here a few times, it sounds like she has a huge case in the making. It's worth getting in touch with her too.

    Please let us know how things develop.

    Love, Scully

  • ugg

    no matter what happens,,,,there will permanent scars.... i am deeply grieved for you all...sending you all lots of hugs....wish i could do more..

Share this