I watched Mr. Jackson last night with my super cult minded parents

by Magwitch 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I have seen some ask on this site how the active JW's are handling what is happening in Australia. Here is my little experience from last night.......

My parents were baptized in the late 30's as children and have never faltered in their determination to survive the Great Tribulation and live forever in Paradise (Even though they actively associate with all their DF'ed kids). My father is still actively serving as an elder and my mother has always been by his side. They are old, but actually quite healthy and still mentally sharp. I really struggled with whether I wanted to share any of what is happening in Australia with them, but in the end, we all ended up in the family room last night with Papa's 60 inch TV and bowls of buttered popcorn.

We watched it up to the lunch break and I have to say my parents were almost giddy, they were so excited to be viewing this. My mom had her silver sword and was following along with all the scriptures. My father kept saying how beautiful every single scripture was....even a few tears of appreciation for this unexpected spiritual feast. They were jumping in and shouting out the answers to questions that Mr. Jackson was trying to get out of answering (they were totally oblivious to what Jackson was really doing - they just wanted to help him out a little). I heard things like "What an incredible witness to the world" and "Who else could answer like that from the bible?" and "These brothers that Jehovah is using are unbelievable" (Yeah...I can agree with that last one). More words of appreciation and talk of how different we are from the world, and the "TWOOF" and more "TWOOF"

So there you have it. A summary of what a couple of old JW's think of what is taking place in Australia. I kept quiet....it is not worth discussing at this stage in their life.

• Ding
    Ding
    How sad...
  • millie210
    millie210

I would have kept quiet too at their age.

I think Jackson is a pompous dirt bag but I think he came off incredibly well last night.

I had hoped he wouldnt.

I understand why your parents were jubilant.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Once our family members reach a certain age, it's just not worth the fight. They have been indoctrinated for soooo long & they wouldn't know what to do without the TWOOF.

I know you feel the same way we do....carry on with your life, bite your tongue and have a glass of wine to deal with the frustration.

CHEERS!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's funny how different Jackson's answer look depending on one's particular perspective.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

ToesUp - "...have a glass of wine to deal with the frustration."

Sometimes the harder stuff is necessary.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I heard things like "What an incredible witness to the world" and "Who else could answer like that from the bible?" and "These brothers that Jehovah is using are unbelievable" (Yeah...I can agree with that last one). More words of appreciation and talk of how different we are from the world.....Magwitch

LOL!!..

I wouldn`t expect anything different.....So I`m not surprised..

This will be viewed as a "Huge Win" in WatchTower World..

Image result for Watchtower logo

......................Image result for Circling the Drain

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was thinking the same thing. Cult minded JW's would be very proud of Br Jackson's performance. And how engaged in theocratic warfare he would be shown to be keeping a whole courtroom enthralled as he was leading the defense with the silver sword.

We saw it all so differently. C'est la vie.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I think it was so kind of you Magwitch to be with you parents but I also think it is just so hugely sad the way they reacted.

It's such a way of life for them but its just so sad that they have put their trust in such a false hope. I agree with you though at their age there is noting to gain by trying to change them.

LITS

• freddo
    freddo
    Why not show them kevin bowditch's testimony or the branch coordinator's. At least that will ensure they continue to understand and talk to their df'd kids!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit