I watched Mr. Jackson last night with my super cult minded parents

by Magwitch 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Heaven
    Heaven

possum... I have often thought that me and my bro's became emotional, mental, and spiritual orphans when our parents became zealous, baptized JWs. Mom is gone now... as soon as Dad goes, the final phase, that being the physical death of him will complete the process of us becoming complete orphans.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Magwitch, your experience confirms my worst fears - that this testimony only serves to heighten the zeal and obedience of the sheep to the magnificent seven in Brooklyn. I was really hoping that the sex abuse problems would weaken the hero worship status of the Watchtower leaders. I was hoping it would expose the inappropriate, even dangerous, unchecked power that the Watchtower leaders have over their flock. It was also my hope that the mishandling of sex abuse cases would spill over into the abuse that is caused by the organization's shunning, isolating and unusually cruel punishment policies.

It seems that Jackson was able to pull the wool over many people's eyes because of his skillfully cherry-picking scriptures to support the society's arcane policies. The whole thing leaves me feeling disappointed and unsatisfied. Kudos to you for the respect you have shown your parents, though.

• possum
    possum
    Heaven, The part that infuriates me the most is all the family illustrations in the cult literature that portray that poisonous organisation as loving and inclusive..........Human rights .......Article 19 – Freedom of Expression “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers. My mother was dis-fellowshipped a process which destroyed her and she dies a very broken unhappy women unable to parent. (a dog gone back to its vomit). My remaining parent has not made me an orphan but deprived himself of meaningful/fun/complex family relationships that are so essential for us as to be balanced happy social beings and support you need as you get older. Will not be looked after in old age by organisation many old faithful (fanatical) witnesses dumped in worldly aged care homes only visited if they can make time.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit