When you left the Org............

by SillyPutty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I stuck all mine in the basement, with thoughts of selling them on ebay:) Then I read here about the print changes, and I decided to keep them for future reference. I do have volume 1 of "The Divine Plan of the Ages" in my hutch, though-the one with the pyramid overleaf:)

• metatron
    metatron

Sell any rare stuff on ebay while it still has value.

The rest goes into the fireplace for heat.

metatron

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I was still in when I gave most of my stuff away. I had bound volumes and bindered magazines going back to the 1960s and all the study books for a similar period. I was shipping a lot of my belongings overseas but had to sell and give much of it away. I kept a lot of my library but the WTS books I thought I could get again on CD-ROM. I gave most of my books to an elder in a neighboring congregation.

Today I have a single 36 inch shelf of WTS books, and a fairly recent WTS CD-ROM. The CD-ROM is by far the best way to research old publications but it lacks the iluustrations and contains the "corrected" articles.

I regret giving or throwing away my old Paradise book, that was a real collector's item.

Thirdson

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Acts 19:19 "they brought their books together and burned them up" Blueblades

• Oreopandabear
    Oreopandabear

I began to sell mine on Ebay - then stopped after I learned that many of the older books I was selling contained the original lies. Oreo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I went over the deep end a bit.

I took everything I had that was JW related and put it in my bathtub... filled it with water and went on vacation.

When I got back I was satisfied to see that the literature was utterly useless, so I took it all and tossed it in the trash.

Well, there was one thing that I didn't soak in the water... that was my Blood card... I burned that.

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

I dumped all the books and videos and started lining the guinea pigs cage with the brochures and mags - they're the perfect size!

• caligirl
    caligirl

They went to the recycling center. I only wish that I had ripped them to shreds first. I hope that they ended up recycled into something useful.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

trashed the majority of my JW related stuff. Keep a few books in the shelf just for show. I don't want my folks to see I am an evil apostate.......yet

• LB
    LB

I didn't want that crap falling into anyones hands, so I burned the entire lot. Except for the CD's which I just shot the hell out of with my shotgun.

But the rumor mill has it that I dumped them all on the front door steps of my old kingdom hall. I guess it's approved to spread lies about an inactive one???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit