When you left the Org............

by SillyPutty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

What did you do with all those bound volumes, song books, Bibles, study books and such? Mine are all packed away in the shed.

• onacruse
    onacruse

With my JW ex-wife. A fairly good collection of stuff we accumulated over the years, including the original Studies volumes, old color booklets from the 20s, KMs back through the 40s.

Don't miss any of it.

Craig

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I threw away what I had in my apartment along with anything new that my family would bring me

• Ed
    Ed

What did you do with all those bound volumes, song books, Bibles, study books and such?

I piled them up in the middle of my living-room floor, sat down, ripped the covers off one by one, tore up the pages into confetti, and then put the whole lot into the recycle bin. It wasn't a huge collection, but it was a great cathartic experience nonetheless. Released a whole lot of anger and aggression. I highly recommend it. And I didn't even get struck by lightning once.

The only thing I kept was a copy of the NWT and the CD-ROM.

• Nordic
    Nordic

It all went down the recycle bin, and when i come over books that i overlooked, its the same old story.This summer one day we got home the JW had put a lot off WT and Awake ind the letter box, it went the same place, he, he

• ISP
    ISP

Kept most of the stuff....you feel like cremating it...but the old books have some classic garbage in them!!!!!!

ISP

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Unfortunately I threw away a lot of publications, especially the older stuff...silly really...cos every time the WTS do a new print run of a publication...they ofte make changes, new light etc.....and if you don't have the old stuff it's hard to find evidence of the changes...Oh well.

BY THE WAY HAPPY NEW YEAR...to you silly putty and everyone else!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I gave them to my sister, who is still a JW. She should have enough evidence of a problem in the org, based on my experience. If she chooses to put the blinders on, it's not my problem. They've all deserted me and sided with my abusive father, so I'm not too worried about them right now. In a few years, when things in the org are worse, and their "prophecies" aren't coming true, maybe she'll be more willing to listen.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I ditched most of it I have the real old stuff Like Studies in the Scriptures,Children,etc: I keep it to show new ones out some of the stuff that is laughable-like "man will never reach the moon" excuse me??

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Most of ours ended up in the city dump, long before I ran across this site. I wish that hadn't happened because they would have been useful for research. Oh well, we still have Quotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit