Canadian branch getting rid of their trucks and drivers

by wannaexit 41 Replies latest jw friends

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    blondie
    So they would rather reveal the home address of a jw (and his family) rather than a building where no one lives?

Good point! But they would probably argue the KH adress allows for the would-be persecuters to observe and detain everyone in the congregation with minimal resources and effort.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    They probably get lower rates of delivered to private homes

While courier companies usually charge a consistent rate based upon weight, they are usually used for small volume shipments. Large haulers must normally take loading and unloading time and ease into consideration particularly if certain homes will be used as a central hub. Paper is heavy. A private home means no loading dock which then requires that every piece be handled individually. Depending on the type of home and access, a larger truck will often need to be offloaded at the street, likely to a hand cart. All this, regardless of weather.

As nevaagain related above, it appears that WT is also eliminating sorting prior to shipment. Instead of placing each congregation's order in separate boxes which the intended recipient is clearly identified, they are instead combining all orders together and then offloading responsibility for sorting and repackaging to the Literature Servants at the receiving end. I guess they are called a 'Servant' for a reason.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    tiki: They probably get lower rates of delivered to private homes...the angle is to go the cheapest route.

Most shipping companies have lower rates for a commercial designation. Having a parcel delivered to your home generally costs more, not less.

Having the Literature delivered to a personal address rather than the Kingdom Hall will have another reason for it. I dunno...maybe the WTS plans on not being a "resident" corporation in Canada anymore. Maybe the WTS plans on eliminating the Canadian Branch Office.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Just try delivering this smut to my place. It will quickly see the inside of the Dumpster.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

wannaexit - "...they made up a story about it being better for times of persecution to have the literature delivered to private homes."

I just got this really weird, funny image in my head of loyal JWs the world over sneaking around, distributing literature, and meeting clandestinely in basements for secret meetings (like in that infamous WT pic), because they think everybody's hunting them...

...whilst in reality, no one is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SecretSlave - "I may be wrong, but I'm seriously beginning to doubt that the Org's entire modus operandi is about accumulating money."

You're right.

The Org's primary concern is its continued survival. It always has been.

Up until now, this was done by (among other things) accumulating money.

Now, though, it's about (among other things) saving money.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think the whole thing is to liquidate assets. Sell off everything tell the R&F is about to get bad and put the cash in other corporations and offshore. In the mean time each GB member gets a nice new 20K watch of their choice.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The one positive for the truck drivers is that a CDL (in north america) is a decent commodity and will almost certainly land you a job pretty quick.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Vidiot
    The Org's primary concern is its continued survival. It always has been.
    Up until now, this was done by (among other things) accumulating money.
    Now, though, it's about (among other things) saving money.

Very true. No finances = no Org.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Not only does it reduce the assets of the borg, but sending pubs to homes rather than congs removes another link in the chain of accountability. No, we do not oversee those congregations, those elders make their own decisions. No, we did not tell them not to call police. No, we do not make rules for them, we just publish literature for individuals requesting it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit