• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you again for an insightful post

Take care and come back soon. Your wisdom is needed

Lee

• zev
    zev

jim,

take good care of yourself. people like yourself are few and far between. Gwen and i sat many a night reading your posts and series.

sometimes i just didn't know what to say or how to respond. i know there are others out there who feel the same way, and therefore, say nothing. but they do read, and think, and in that way your words have reached the hearts of many, including myself.

get well jim, and come back and let us know how you are doing.

Gwen and I both will miss you and your words of wisdom on the 'net.

• larc
    larc

Jim, I often refer people to your threads, especially those who ask for advice about getting their family out. I will refer those who are suffering to your wise words above. As you are getting healthy, I have some advice for you. If someone gives you a hard time, just remember the words of your famous ancester Ely, who said, and I quote, "Keep your cotton picken hands off my gin." Take care my friend.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Jim,

Thanks for all your insight into life you have shared with all of us. Life is precious and we need to use it for our enjoyment as well as making others enjoy their's. I think you have helped us to do this. It's hard for me to face the bad in life, I hope I can get stronger but my emotional makeup doesn't seem to be patterned that way after being raised a JW. I was taught that all of life's troubles would be taken care of by the soon to come New Earth, you didn't have to prepare for any of the difficulties of getting old. I think the attitude stuck with me even after I left 20 some years ago. Now I must face the consequences. It's easier to blame others for your own faults, so having to see myself as the one responsible is making me depressed.

Reading your post has helped me overcome some of my bad feelings, I don't know why exactly, but thanks anyway. Come back when you feel like it.

Ken P.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That post was saturated in love. Thankyou.

Get well soon, Jim. Our prayers are with you.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Jim:

Ashi said:

Come back soon, Jim. And thank you so much for helping my family.

Yes, you have. Thank you from our family and we wish you only the very best of health. Take care. You will be missed.

Mr. and Mrs. Shakita

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Interesting post. I think I had expected something a little different but there is lots you leave for us to think about.

I wish you well with your recovery. Take care and looking forward to reading your comments when you return.

Path

• shera
    shera

Take care and get well,o.k?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Amazing

My friend, you've got big brass ones. Unfortunately we have many shared experiences and I'm sorry that a man of your character had to go through the pain you did. I'm not at the place where you are, yet. But one day I will be. Time, and age, is a great equalizer and healer. I think you have a great many things left to say in life and I hope that one day you will feel compelled to return to this place. In the meantime, realize that the grownups here will miss you.

Take care,

Chris

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Jim,

I too am sad to see you go. I've spent much time reading and pondering your insightful posts. Your level head and kindness has been a major asset to this board, and for all the members here. I wish you good luck with your treatment, and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. You're a good man, and it's plain to see. You've been an inspiration to us all, and I hope you can make your way back to us soon. You will be surely missed during your time away!

I had actually planned on contacting you regarding a project that is in line with your thoughts, but in lieu of this post, and your taking a break, I'll leave it to you to contact me if and when you're interested. I keep my phone number private due to prank calls, but you can email me if you wish:

[email protected]

OR Fax: 775.535.9974

My fax number is free web fax (faxwave.com) so I receive that directly in my email. I just wanted to mention that, because there's been some questions as to why my fax number is in Nevada (and why I screen my calls)

Take care Jim, and please do come back when and if you feel the need. I know we need you, but I also understand you and your family need you as well right now. Just remember we all appreciate everything you've done here.

Rev (Matt)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit