I believe that the greater percentage of JWs-You Will Not Be Able to Help, no Matter What Facts You Show Them.

by John Aquila 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    This just occured to me. If anyone has watched the film "The Matrix", one of the bad guys, Cypher, would rather be plugged back into the Matrix and live in the bliss of the fake electronic world than bleak, cold reality. If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend you do. Besides just being a good action/sci-fi movie it could easily apply as a metaphor for those trapped in the Org versus those freed from it.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

First of all I wouldn't allow him to ramble on so long without 'overcoming his objections'. He covered so many subjects it's hard to know where to begin.

But just for starters, I would have stopped him a few times and asked such questions as these:

would you want your family to die with a FALSE hope based on following blind guides? ....guides who cannot seem to make up their mind about anything except that THEY are the only ones to be followed... on threat of d/f and losing your beloved family?

Do you really want your faith to not be founded on anything except the "good feeling" it brings you?

It's not without reason that Jesus warned against this. For example, he talked about those who accumulated teachers to tickle their ears. And when asked about the last days of this "wicked" system as you call it, his very FIRST sign was that others would try to mislead you and would put THEMSELVES as the spokesperson for Jesus. Does WT do this? And would YOU want your family to be caught in that position when he returned?

And then I would say: Let me ask YOU a question ....Would YOU personally cut off one of your beloved family if they decided NOT to follow WT teachings? The RC stated that one of the cruelest things a person could do to another human being is to SHUN them. This can cause untold psychological trauma and suicide. RC called WT a "captive organization" because of such policies. Do you think this policy could possibly "disrupt the peace" your family has?

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

And to add, he has the audacity to tell you not to disrupt his life, when JW's every bloody day of the year, yeah including Christmas Day and New Yea'rs Day (supposedly spending billions of hours in field service), knock on people's door to 'disrupt their peace', in trying to get 'them' to walk out of their religion.. .and also trying to get ex brothers to 'come back' to the the org, by showing what they feel are 'facts' to try to convince people to change their minds and become JW's or for ex brothers to 'see the light' and return to a life those ex brothers usually don't really want to return to..... what F***ing hypocrisy...

one rule for JW's and another rule for the rest of the world.... they cannot take their own medicine can they?,,,, plain and simple....

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    The Marvster: few things disrupt lives more than being Df'd ... But I guess what's good for the goose in this case is not good for the gander.
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster

secretslaveclass; Exactly...

also brilliant analogy re: Cypher from 'The Matrix',

'plug me back into the illusion, I know it's all fake, but I can't live this reality, i wanna forget EVERYTHING'...

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Some people like living in the Matrix, tasting the make believe steak and other goodies. The cold, hard truth is that your friend has about a 65% probability of his children leaving for the world by the time they reach adulthood. Then his perfect JW family will be in complete turmoil - particularly if they are baptized. He also runs the risk of being a part of the administration of the WTS abusive policies that wreck lives and cause premature death. So while its possible that his fairy tale life will remain intact, the odds are against it. No free lunches in life. He's making his bed - he will sleep in it - just like the rest of us.
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

This is exactly what my JW sister wants to believe .

She does not want to know if something is really true or not .She just wants to believe the fairy tale that she will one day wake up in a paradise Earth healed from all her medical issues . The illusion that one day she will walk among pet lions and panda bears is what keeps her going .Reality is too frightening to her .

We no longer discuss anything relating to the religion . Her life sucks ,and if being among other JWs is what brings her some sort of happiness so be it .

• scary21
    scary21

The mentality of clinging to a lie is almost impossible for the most inquiring mind to comprehend.

Thanks SSC, I love that saying !

• Ding
    Ding

"How should you feel if proof is given that what you believe is wrong? For example, say that you were in a car, traveling for the first time to a certain place. You have a road map, but you have not taken time to check it carefully. Someone has told you the road to take. You trust him, sincerely believing that the way he has directed you is correct. But suppose it is not. What if someone points out the error? What if he, by referring to your own map, shows that you are on the wrong road? Would pride or stubbornness prevent you from admitting that you are on the wrong road?"

From the Live Forever book, p. 32.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Ding: That's actually an excellent analogy. Too bad when it's someone else pointing it out to them it doesn't apply.

Scary21: glad you agree! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit