Geoffrey Jackson: "That would be presumptuous of us"...

by Calebs Airplane 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If I was still in, this statement would send me running for the door! Although, Tony Morris' zone talk would have also.

Theocratic warfare ='s lying. This organization deserves anything they get!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We all know that no matter what lies or spin his holiness watchtower pope wacko jacko has told the ARC, it will be business as usual in the corporation.

The GB are god's mouthpiece except when they're not.

It's so transparent.

Nothing much will change.

• bafh
    bafh
    Is this one of those "spiritual warfare" moments where they feel entitled to lie? I could see that as their justification for this answer in particular.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Christ was asked by Pilate: Are you the king of the Jews?

Jesus didn't say, "that would be presumptuous of me." No, he said, "You yourself say it." When the chief priests questioned him, he said nothing, but when Pilate the governor did, he answered. (Matt 27:11; Mark 15:2; Luke 23:3; John 18:33-38)

So much for imitating Christ.

• kepler
    kepler

65 minutes into the testimony. Mr. Jackson is still patting himself on the back -along with the other members of the governing board. He is explaining to the commission the Biblical nature of the preclusion of women from acting as judges, citing Timothy, Deuteronomy and Acts - The court asked him to provide citations.

Mr. Jackson omitted a significant source on this question.

The Book of Judges

Chapters 4 and 5

4:1.

Once Ehud was dead, the Israelites began again doing what is evil in Yahweh's eyes and Yahweh handed them over to Jabin king of Canaan ...

The Israelites then cried to Yahweh; for Jabin had 900 iron chariots and had cruelly oppressed the Israelites for 20 years.

4:3

Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at the time. She used to sit under Deborah's Palm between Ramah and Bethel in the highlands of Ephraim and the Israelits would come to her for justice. ...

Chapter 5 is the Song of Deborah

And the country had peace for 40 years.

---------------------------------------------------

This man on the video with the stentorian, Down Under voice and the conservative, dark, 3-piece suit is actually more like an emperor without any clothes.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    When will Geoffrey get questioned again? It doesn't say in the RC website
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Have you ever spoke with someone when you were a JW and years later you see that

person and they tell you, I thought you had lost your mind when you witness to me.

But you walked away at the time thinking to yourself, I really gave a good witness.

A few of my friends told me that, they thought I was nutty as a fruit cake.

The same with Mr Jackson.

• sir82
    sir82

I believe the active part of the investigation of JWs has concluded. No more questioning of anyone (correct me if I am wrong).

• never a jw
    never a jw
    I don't think he lied. He certainly practiced his answer in advance to deceive the RC into thinking that the GB are not deluded religious leaders, but without outright denying that they consider themselves the sole channel of communication of God. He said "it would seem presumptuous...". A strict analysis of the structure of the sentence does not indicate that he lied. Pay attention to the key words "it would seem". He never said "we are the sole..." or "we are not..."
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Great question!!

Can you email them and ask?

I had presumed they could not do that.. Besides, he won't be in the country forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit