Geoffrey Jackson: "That would be presumptuous of us"...

by Calebs Airplane 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Within the first few minutes, Mr. Stewart asked Geoffrey Jackson if the members of the Governing Body consider themselves to be God's spokesperson on earth.

His response: "That would be presumptuous of us" (Implying that they don't consider themselves to be God's sole channel of communication).

To me, that was the worst lie of about 26 lies he's told during this hearing. However, Mr. Stewart missed an opportunity to call out Mr. Jackson on this bold-faced lie. He should have asked him to explain why the Watchtower magazine teaches otherwise. For example:

"Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his “faithful and discreet slave,” made up of spirit anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." - Watchtower 12/1/1981; p. 27

"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the “greatly diversified wisdom of God” can become known only through Jehovah’s channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave." - Watchtower 10/1/1994; p. 8

"We need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. “ - Watchtower 11/15/09; p. 14 par. 5

Yes... Brother Jackson... That would be presumptuous indeed...

• C0ntr013r
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Having him describe the religion makes it sound even more goofy.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

For this to have really worked in getting a truthful answer Mr. Stewart would have needed to quote WT publications and teachings that call the GB the only "channel" of communication to God.

Presumptuous is exactly what the GB and any of their helper supporters are being in teaching what the role of the GB is in the JW religion.

When Mr. Stewart then asks about the "anointed" and the "144,000" and has GJ go to the Branch Organization Manual, GJ quickly responds that this publication isn't a "constitution, nor a legal document, nor a contract". Interesting that even though it is none of those things it seems quite important that the WT Lawyer wanted to keep the document from being made available in its entirety.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

NU LIGHT JWs not only spokespersons for GAWD .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuWT4flyl-k

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Agreed. Totally shocking statement to make. It is indeed presumptuous. And presumptuous is exactly what these 7 men are. They are the 7 men who now claim that title for themselves, no longer even paying any lip service to the notion that the remnant of the 144000 are part of 'God's Spokesman'.

I left 16 years ago because I could no longer accept their claim to be God's exclusive channel and mouthpiece. If 7 men had been making that claim back then I may have left earlier.

He hasn't even got the balls to say in public what he claims in print.

Pathetic.

• 88JM
    88JM
    "That would be presumptuous of us" (But disagree with it and you'll be out so fast your feet won't touch the ground.)
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sounds like he just admitted they in fact are not the FDS then...
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

CALEB - Would it be presumptuous of you to send this info to Mr. Stewart?

My guess is that he is going to revisit some of his questions to Mr. Jackson - but this time with Org published material which shows that Jackson was either lying or hasn't a clue what his Writing Committee really churns out as "inspired teachings."

• Splash
    Splash

Geoffrey Jackson also stated that the GB themselves appoint new members onto the GB.

I was always told this was Jesus' job:

*** w14 1/15 p. 13 par. 6 100 Years of Kingdom Rule—How Does It Affect You? ***
    Jesus then used his kingly authority to appoint a “faithful and discreet slave.” This slave would provide a regular supply of wholesome spiritual food to all who make up the “one flock” under Jesus’ care.

Another bubble burst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit