God Made Cats

by Farkel 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I thought feral cats were ones who weren't tame but weren't wild either.

Anyway, my tame cat swishes her tail when she's hungry and knows soon she is going to be fed. She is also the lovingest kitty I ever had. Her litter mate, is my alarm clock in the mornings!

I give them canned food and dry food mixed together.

• dmouse
    dmouse

No! No! You've got it all wrong - big cats, like lions and tigers, need that strength to open coconuts.

The Society has made it all clear in questions from readers - September 1st 1969.

And I quote:

'Another thing, is one justified in concluding that the way an animal uses its body today is the only possible way? As an example, a tiger uses its fangs and claws to catch, kill and tear apart other animals. Yet, could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing apart heavy vegetation and ripping off husks and shells?'

(seriously, this is not a joke, check out the reference for yourself!)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    'Another thing, is one justified in concluding that the way an animal uses its body today is the only possible way? As an example, a tiger uses its fangs and claws to catch, kill and tear apart other animals. Yet, could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing apart heavy vegetation and ripping off husks and shells?'

Why, of course! How could we all have been so foolish? Of course, carnivores are not known for their great ability to actually CHEW and digest heavy vegetation. Ah, but I'm sure that after millions of them die because of the inability to process the straw, evolution will take over and modify their digestive tracts and dental equipment so that the few remaining can adapt to their new diet.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Well, you know, thousands of years ago, humans worshipped cats as gods....and the cats have never forgotten that.

I need to get a welcome mat for the front of my house that says:

"The cats and their housekeeping staff live here."

Jeff S.

• TR
    TR

Farkel,

You have a great way of making fun of the Society's stupid reasoning. Reminds me a lot of "Check Out Checketts" on WT Observer.
    I appreciate your posts. I guess you could say I'm sort of a fan. When the old H20 was going, I'd visit just to see what you posted that day, along with a few others that are on Simon's board now.

Hey, the thunder originates with your post. Just glad I could share it.

TR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Farkel comes along and post this funny, witty essay.

TR steals Farkels' thunder by taking Farkels' train of thought to an even more funny and rediculous level.

dmouse merely quotes the WTBTS and steals the show.

It's all good.

• trevor
    trevor

We have a cat that has lived with us for 11 years since she was a kitten.
    I am extremely disappointed with her. In all that time she has failed to find
    meaningful employment or attempt to better herself. She stays out late at
    night and sleeps in the mornings. She cares little about controling her weight,
    bathing of cleaning her teeth.

I gave her a tin opener but she was to lazy to open her own tins of food.
    My wife adores her and I have been left feeling jealous of the easy life
    she has adopted. Should I sent her to school or is too late for reform?

• waiting
    waiting

hey dmouse,

Yet, could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing apart heavy vegetation and ripping off husks and shells?'

So what - the cats would use their fangs and claws to rip vegetation for the vegetation eating animals like cows, sheep, etc? How did this animals eat when the cats weren't around?

I've had cats for years, thus, fine presents - usually bloody - left on my doorstep for me. My dachshunds do this too, btw. What's even funnier is to see the "owner" trying to catch the cat/dog with the dead animal in it's mouth - and both look like their playing football, with the owner loosing.

Why would God create cows/sheep, hippos, etc., with vegetarion eating style teeth and wolves, lions, etc., with carnivorous style teeth? Was he confused as to what the animals were designed to eat?

Obviously, my cats & dogs know what they want to chase and eat - meat.

waiting

• JanH
    JanH

Great one!

It's a shocking fact that there exist people who don't like cats:

- Jan
    --
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate." - Occam

• TR
    TR

Jan,

LOL!

This is the funnyest stuff I've seen: http://www.observer.org/doug/dougindex.asp

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit