Why on earth do boys..............................

by Jesika 70 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Jessika,

It's not funny?

Hey, there's nothing better than a good "shorts soiler".

TR

• Mac
    Mac

Jes,

I can't answer your question even though I am a guy. I've never seen the humor in it myself. Just something I've never done nor appreciated.

mac, of the "have I missed some right of passage?" class

• COMF
    COMF

Ladies, ladies, you have misunderstood the situation, asking why boys think it's funny. It IS funny, in and of itself. Boys are simply aware of this truth of the universe, that's all. Note the definition of "flatulence" in the "Definitions by Gender" list below.

THINGY (thing-ee) n.
    Female: Any part under a car's hood.
    Male: The strap fastener on a woman's bra.

VULNERABLE (vul-ne-ra-bel) adj.
    Female: Fully opening up one's self emotionally to another.
    Male: Playing football without a helmet.

COMMUNICATION (ko-myoo-ni-kay-shon) n.
    Female: The open sharing of thoughts and feelings with one's partner.
    Male: Scratching out a note before suddenly taking off for a weekend with the boys.

BUTT (but) n
    Female: The body part that every item of clothing manufactured makes "look bigger."
    Male: What you slap when someone's scored a touchdown, homerun, or goal. Also good for mooning.

COMMITMENT (ko-mit-ment) n.
    Female: A desire to get married and raise a family.
    Male: Not trying to pick up other women while out with one's girlfriend.

ENTERTAINMENT (en-ter-tayn-ment) n.
    Female: A good movie, concert, play or book.
    Male: Anything that can be done while drinking.

FLATULENCE (flach-u-lens) n.
    Female: An embarrassing by-product of digestion.
    Male: An endless source of entertainment, self-expression and male bonding.

MAKING LOVE (may-king luv) n.
    Female: The greatest expression of intimacy a couple can achieve.
    Male: Call it whatever you want just as long as we end up in bed.

REMOTE CONTROL (ri-moht kon-trohl) n.
    Female: A device for changing from one TV channel to another.
    Male: A device for scanning through all 75 channels every 2&1/2 min.

• COMF
  • LeslieV
    LeslieV

Well this certainly is the funniest thread that I have read in along time!!!! You know when you think of it, we even call the male species gas names. I call my husband sometimes an old fart. He calls some little boys in our neighborhood..Those dang little farts are at it again. So it really has to be a guy thing. They never outgrow letting loose!!!

Leslie

• shera
    shera

LOL,I was one of those plesant little girls who thought farting was funnie...I used to drive my older sister nutts.I was one of those kids who waited for my sister to look over at me while we were eating dinner and open my mouth when she looked my way.I "was" a torment.

My group of friends had a burping contest when they were drinking beer and you wouldn't think for a second when you look at them,that they would do that.And they can BURP...LOL!

My daughter used to be a me and thought farting was the funniest thing. Her favorite word was "poop" everytime she said poop,she would crack up.

This is just not a male thing....

• LB
    LB

You know why farts smell right?? So deaf people can enjoy them too.

Actually I don't like public farting. On a recent roadtrip with my basketball team a couple of the boys thought it was great sport stinking up the bus. When we got back to school I told them that I had read an article about oderess flautulance. The article stated that smelly farts were a sign of poor conditioning. So 15 minutes later I had pretty much run the stink out of those boys. Our last bustrip was fartfree.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Why is "dutch oven" objectionable terminology???

CZAR

• animal
    animal

I thought my sons gift today was worthy of this thread:

• Jesika
    Jesika

LOL @ animal

Cz------cause Viv is dutch. lol

Well, ok it isn't just a "boy thing" but sheesh. Oh well, I guess I will have to find a creative way to keep him from doing it around me all the time and in public. He knows better than to do it at the table while food is being served, in public or not. I guess I can be happy about that at least.

Comf------thanx for the info, I think---lol the cartoon was cute too.

Jes

Edited by - jesika on 27 December 2002 22:51:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit