What Did You Hate About The Circuit OV.'s Visit?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In our congregation, the PO would make a list of ALL brothers in the Hall. Then the body had to go thru every person to see what we could do to "help" the brother so that he might be "qualified" to be used as either a microphone holder or elder. ( This would literally take HOURS to do). So if your name was on the list, and the CO was coming shortly, you were going to be harrassed. .....btw, elder's meetings weren't supposed to be more than a couple of hours. Our's regularly ran to 3 or 4 hours!.....There was always a stupid elder that wanted to meet on Christmas Day,too.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Minimus. I knew that during the year the Elders would have to come up with recommendations. I just dredded getting cornered with the same old guilt trip line.

I bet your glad that you don't have 4 hour meetings on Christmas anymore...LOL

CC

• minimus
    minimus

Being an elder, certainly, isn't what it's all cracked up to be. We had one or two elders regularly recommend having a holiday elder's meeting. I and a few others usually won out on that issue, especially on New Year's Day. I needed the WHOLE day to recover! The only good thing about some evening meetings is that a couple of us used to go out after the meeting and have a few (well deserved) drinks. At the same time we could talk about all the boneheaded decisions that were trying to be into effect that night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit