What Did You Hate About The Circuit OV.'s Visit?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Im fine Oz. The wells a bit dry at the moment as far as the boards concerned. I cant post a thread if I cant think of a subject to post on eh?

Is the prisker at your place yet? You got "carols by candlelight" warming up?

• Debz
    Debz

This is not really what I hate but funny all the same.............I remember going to an assembly once where the CO was having a very spiritual talk on something on high priority...when a huge gust of wind started to blow around his one strand of hair (that obviously had been slicked down over his bald head with copius amounts of brylcream)....well this happened for the whole 2 hour talk...where one strand of hair gusted around and around while he continued as if nothing was wrong....it took some constraint for the observers to NOT giggle.....a very funny moment I will remember..got no idea what the talk was about by the way!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Debz.

You say that when he commenced to speak "something like a strong wind rushed in" and continued to blow while he spoke?? Was it accompanied by the sound "like unto the sounds of many waters"? This could have been a manifestation of Jehovahs spirit operating over that man!!

• Debz
    Debz

True, True Refiner ...didn`t think of that ...obviously I was a evil possesed one from the start as I think I was the only one that thought it was funny...I was not able to see that stronger forces were at work and that the holy `winds` of jehovahs spirit commanding his every word.....talking of evil posession another incident comes to mind where as a teenager the rage was ......ahhhh evil of evil TUBULAR BELLS (Mike Oldfield) and those of you old enough to know it will know that it was the soundtrack to The Exorcist - well I went and brought this evil LP...and did I cop it...Mother insisted that it got thrown in the RIVER as I brought evil into the house....well I was devastated.....anyways tI got to thinking about that about a year ago..and went and brought a DVD of same..how freeing was that I can tell ya...sowwy nothing to do with the topic but interesting little story ...

• minimus
    minimus

ahhh, How Jehovah's spirit acts in mysterious ways!

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

For the most part I enjoyed the talks, as they were less boring than the norm.

What I hated was how the congregations had to move their meeting nights around from the normal times like Mondays and Wednsdays to Tuesdays and Thursdays just because this man came to town.

Everyone in the congregation had to adjust their schedule just because the co was coming to town. Many publishers had worked the work schedule out so they can come to meetings on those nights and then it all changed the week he came to town so they could hear talks about not missing meetings over work.

That and the fake display of how many came out in service on the Saturday/Sunday he was there. I would never go out on those days just because it was pumped up so big to see how many they could get out.

• minimus
    minimus

I really enjoyed it when a CO got upset because certain ones went on vacation during HIS visit! Some CO's were appalled at the lack of spiritual appreciation.

• blondie
    blondie
    I really enjoyed it when a CO got upset because certain ones went on vacation during HIS visit!

I know an elder and his family that did this every year and supposedly went to another congregation during their CO visit. He stayed an elder and if you said anything to the other elders they would say it was not your place to criticize an elder. (I always wondered if the other elders took notes at the elders meeting with the CO to give to him or if he sat in on the other congregation's elders meeting with the CO.)

His hypocrisy yielded fruit; all his children left "the truth."

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Some CO's were pretty decent men. Others plain sucked!!! Terry Angelacos was known as the Society's hatchet man. He would go into a congregation and on his first Tuesday night, give a talk about how he would go into this congregation and that one and remove Presiding Overseers during his week of terror.It didn't take me long to figure out that I was next on the list. Sure enough, I was gone too.Then he would give a talk on why, even if we feel that an injustice has been done, to just leave it in Jehovah's hands and just accept it as "discipline" from Jehovah. I believe he is now out of the circuit work and not doing well, physically. Anybody know of him or his whereabouts???......I'd like to thank him for giving me another reason to think negatively about the "loving" organization.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I hated the CO's visit. They would always corner me and ask the same question.."Why is a fine young brother like you not reaching out for MS?" My answer was always the same "I work a full time job to support my full-time pioneer wife and work 50-60 hours a week, what I am doing is the best I can do". They would leave me alone till the next visit. Another thing I hated was the concluding "guilt trip" talk after the abreviated WT Study. I just shook from being pissed off walking back to my car. Oh! The memories!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit