They know something’s up.

by John Aquila 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    bennyk

Charles T. Russell didn't have all his marbles did he.

Thanks for the references.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL ...thank you for posting this experience!

No matter how much time goes by, I still get blown away by how many elders know NOTHING about their own 'religion'...... his comment is SO STUPID....your answer? Brilliant.

Yeah.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't ever be 'looking into that'..... never mind that the entire teaching is the basis for his 'faith'

God damn they're funny

• millie210
    millie210

Love your end of the conversation John Aquila.

I especially liked the "dont call me about it" approach.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

bennyk

Twelve-hundred sixty years from A. D. 539 brings us to 1799-another proof that 1799 definitely marks the beginning of “the time of the end”. (The Harp of God, p. 230)

The time of the end” embraces a period from A. D. 1799, as above indicated, to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan’s empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah.

(Revelation 11:2) . . .and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. Or 1260

(Revelation 11:3) . . .a thousand two hundred and sixty days . . .1260

The Watchtower always uses flimsy math to con the ignorant. And to top it off it is basic math.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

John Aquila wrote: I said, “It’s up to you, I mean, I really don’t care if you look it up or don’t. It’s your life, and if you want to go and sit down for three days to listen to the same information you get at the Kingdom Hall, for the next 20 years, that’s your choice.

This made me chuckle. But it's true and I sort of feel the same way. I no longer feel I need to correct them. If they are happy, let them be. Just don't add to my burden or interfere with my family's sanity.

John Aquila also wrote: If you decide to research 607, don’t call me.

Brilliant!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    very good John quick and straight to the point!
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They don't have time to examine the validity of WT teachings. They're too busy on the "JW treadmill to nowhere."

"Julie, I don't think we're really going anywhere."

"Shut up and run faster Kathy! We're making great time and if we run a little faster, we'll be there "very soon"!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    ^^^ Oh Billy, that is brilliant!!
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting
    I love the way WT used to use the term AD, as if that added more credibility to their claims for the End of the world.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

John:

Nicely done! Because he invited you into a discussion with his opening sentence, you completely caught him with his defenses down and continuing with a fast follow up of your superior knowledge kept him off balance, thereby giving you the opportunity to share some TATT light which under different circumstances would have caused them to either shut you up or button up themselves like clams. A great example of how to seize on an opportunity and "witness" to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit